Insurance

For all general things Calibra related

Insurance

by Tomtomtom » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:49 am

Hi all

Just putting the old SE9 back on the road so I need ins'. But I also own a 3.0 Vectra GSI. obviously I will only be driving 1 at a time.

Any suggestions for Insurance please?

Thanks
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Insurance

by DanSE4 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 am

I'd be surprised if Admiral would touch a 3.0 Vectra GSi, I've had a few standard cars with them in the past but they wouldn't go near my Calibra due to the modifications.

Assuming that all of your NCD is on the policy for the Vectra & you have none for the SE9, I'd try the usual suspects such as Adrian Flux, Chris Knott, Sky, HIC, Prestige etc, etc.

When my Calibra became a second car, I used my NCD built from that on a policy for my daily. I got the equivalent NCD mirrored on the new policy for the Calibra as an introductory offer. After the first year it went up a bit as it was then based on the 1 year NCD I'd earned that year but that's up to about 4-5 years now & it's quite handy having two lots of NCD when you have more than one car. :)
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tomtomtom » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:14 am

Thanks for replys.
Been with Admiral. Left them as they my mods were too much for them.
Like the idea of running up a 2nd NCD on a 2nd policy!

So I'll ring around then and see if I can get 2 seperate policies, but see if one outfit will do me a deal if I bring the other policy over to them at renewal.

Cheers
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tosh1985 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:05 am

im with adrian flux on a classic insurance and there pretty good, i havnt got any ncd and they still came back with a good price, phonedthem yesterday to transfer from 2ltr se8 to a 2.5 v6 and it wend down, thats including declairing all the mods
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tomtomtom » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 am

Nice one Tosh, I'll start with them.

Ta
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net