Sky Insurance & Club Calibra

For all general things Calibra related

by BazV6er » Mon May 19, 2008 2:53 pm

skyinsurance wrote:
BazV6er wrote:on another positive note today at japfest at castle combe there was a sponsored celica gt4 with sky insurance plastered all over it.

That is our promotional car, I take it to various meets and shows.. We had a couple of track sessions so my colleague Luke took it out on track.

I had my AW11 MR2 there as well:

thats good mate , i see it racing around the track on saturday , im sure its in one of the videos so soon i will post up my video so you can see your car in all its glory.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ecosseM » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:18 pm

hi all.. ive recently just insured my cally threw sky.. but in my eyes there is a couple of things to look out for..

for starters, they werent the cheapest.. (only went threw them because car isnt standard, and they replace like for like). so it your car is standard, do hunt about..

also, did mention that i was in club calibra and there was no mention of the discount.. ie.. a standard price, and discount price.

and finaly.. be VERY careful if you have a non standard i.c.e setup in your car, because at this moment in time, all there insurers only cover you for upto £500.. hmm.. i did ask about it, saying that most modified cars will have a non standard headunit at the very least, many more having amps ect, which can be easily over the £500 mark once added up and woman said they were going to be looking into it for the future.
ecosseM

by skyinsurance » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:04 am

ecosseM wrote:hi all.. ive recently just insured my cally threw sky.. but in my eyes there is a couple of things to look out for..

also, did mention that i was in club calibra and there was no mention of the discount.. ie.. a standard price, and discount price.

Hi,

One of the first questions we ask is 'how did you hear about Sky Insurance?'. If you mentioned your were a member of a car club, we would have applied your discount. I will PM you in a moment so I can double check for you.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

TEL: 03303 331250

WEB: www.skyinsurance.co.uk

EMAIL: carclubs@skyinsurance.co.uk

YOU CAN ALSO SEND US A PRIVATE MESSAGE!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Just got off the phone to the
£741.00 for full comp me and jill for the 3.2 with all mods declared
What do you think?
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ecosseM » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:53 pm

honestly.. a bit costly.. thats 2x as much as me for the turbo (£351.00 for cally f/c(one payment). did end up a tad mor coz added break down and protected ncd. and payn monthly, so does work out bit more)
ecosseM

by skyinsurance » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:58 pm

ecosseM wrote:honestly.. a bit costly.. thats 2x as much as me for the turbo

The trouble is you cannot really compare one quote to another as there are so many variables with insurance. Almost every question you are asked when going through a quote (and there are a lot of questions) can have an impact on the insurance quote.

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ecosseM » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:15 pm

got to remember though steve... who else will insure you.

i remember my old se4, when i dropped a red-top into it it was costing me more to insure than a normal 16v, because it was moddied.
ecosseM

by v6 steve » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:50 pm

ill be shopping around but dont think it will get much better,
Jills just told me that iv got 9 years noclams i only told the girl that i had 1 year ( too many policys )
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 pm

phoned sky again about my no clams they have re done my quote £441.00 protected with all mods, that £9.00 less than more than are to renew my policy again with them with no mods and 2.5L not 3.2L so im well happy with that :D
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BazV6er » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:27 am

good result steve,

mine is only £420 including Full protected NCDS and thats on the 2.5 v6
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phantom » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:24 pm

I think that the vast majority who will see savings with Sky are those who have modified cars, the so called 'run of the mill' insurers are ok until that is you come to make a claim, Sky can certainly beat Adrain Flux and HIC
Phantom

Re: Sky Insurance & Club Calibra

by Phantom » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:08 pm

as I'm already a Sky customer with my turbo, would you insure my 16V with an agreed valuation?
Phantom

Re: Sky Insurance & Club Calibra

by skyinsurance » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 am

Phantom wrote:as I'm already a Sky customer with my turbo, would you insure my 16V with an agreed valuation?

We can have a look at it but unless you have an AV on the turbo we may not be able to do this for you.

Thanks

Ollie
Contact us:

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re:

by v6-calibra » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:16 pm

v6 steve wrote:Just got off the phone to the
What do you think?
was £480 on mine with adrian flux!
v6-calibra

Re: Re:

by Fraz » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:28 pm

v6-calibra wrote:
v6 steve wrote:Just got off the phone to the
What do you think?
was £480 on mine with adrian flux!

you never kept reading though

v6 steve wrote:phoned sky again about my no clams they have re done my quote £441.00 protected with all mods, that £9.00 less than more than are to renew my policy again with them with no mods and 2.5L not 3.2L so im well happy with that :D
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

PreviousNext