How long can a car sit still?

For all general things Calibra related

How long can a car sit still?

by V6_E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:09 pm

:oops: How long can a car sit still while not on axle stands etc until it's considered junk and only good for scrap.

I ask as my V6 that some members here will remember I still have but it's been parked in my dads barn since 2005 and just collects dust now tiniest bit of rust mid section where the front and rear body meet but if rinse off still looks good.

Yes I deserve some flak for letting my v6 get like it as I spent £7000 modding it in 5 years
P Reg V6 In Titanium Pearl thats going to be stripped for parts now after being let down on it being bought whole :(

Now in a Crono yellow 2010 Seat Leon Cupra R with all the toys
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: How long can a car sit still?

by v6 steve » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:06 pm

there is no time limit but am afraid it just comes to a time its just not worth the time or money to get them back on the road unless its a heart thing, put some pics up of it before and now you never know some one might offer you some beer tokens
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: How long can a car sit still?

by Cliff » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:27 am

Might still be ok - flat spots on the tyres are a near certainty and the suspension parts might need inspecting and possibly replacing, check the brakes, crank the engine by hand to check it's not seized, drain the fuel tank and lines and refill and I reckon you'd be good to go
Site Admin
Site Admin