U PULL IT

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

U PULL IT

by bigdaz1987 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Just been to u pull it Inverkeithing today to get parts for ma old mans mondeo and came across a 97 (p) northcape and a 93 (k) se a shame to see them in bits but that didnt stop me taken bits to :lol:
bigdaz1987

Re: U PULL IT

by Tangerine » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:40 am

Can you just show up to U Pull it and take bits off like at a normal scrappys?

i was under the impression you needed to book a time so they could move it to a bay for you to strip bits off etc...just seemed like a complete palavar so ive never bothered going through :lol:
Tangerine

by Jamesyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:59 am

Tangerine wrote:Can you just show up to U Pull it and take bits off like at a normal scrappys?

i was under the impression you needed to book a time so they could move it to a bay for you to strip bits off etc...just seemed like a complete palavar so ive never bothered going through :lol:

I was there 2 weeks ago for my v6 lump.

Basically if you want spares, you just walk in, pay a pound and go get what you want off anything, and then pay for the items at the end which are acually quite cheap :)

Or they have a section where you buy the rights to strip a car completely, in a way you buy the car and strip it on the condition they keep the shell after.

If anyone does do this be aware, they legally have to take the engine out for you for an extra £40 plus vat.

I went to see my car a week before i went to strip it,everything was intact, then when i went for the strip, the engine wires were cut in someplaces, the exhaust was chopped with those fire engine chopper things, so that was fooked, Oil pressure gauges were stolen (there the previous week) ecu!!!!!! was stolen, i ended up gettin a voucher to go back if i ever wanted too, The engine, wiring, and anything possible was left in the rain from the thursday right through to the saturday and was incredibly wet.

My tips are, make sure you check the whole car 100% and make sure its not going to rain either.

I was actually highly dissapointed at the service they gave, and the lack of parts i actually spunked money out for :(
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tangerine » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 pm

jamseyboy5 wrote:
Tangerine wrote:Can you just show up to U Pull it and take bits off like at a normal scrappys?

I was there 2 weeks ago for my v6 lump.

Basically if you want spares, you just walk in, pay a pound and go get what you want off anything, and then pay for the items at the end which are acually quite cheap :)

Superb :D im needing a few cally bits so that'll do nicely!

Cheers for clearing that up bud :dance:
Tangerine

by bigdaz1987 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:39 pm

i would only pick parts not to ken on the buy whole car thing i got a door for ma cavvy and a seat for ma old mans mondeo and bits n bobs it only came to 20 quid lol
bigdaz1987