we bought tina a new toy today ....

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

we bought tina a new toy today ....

by BazV6er » Sun May 02, 2010 12:00 am

Last week we sold tinas v reg vectra as she was getting bored of it so she was looking around to see what she could get and found a nice vauxhall tigra from ebay .So we went to have a look at it today at st albans (70miles away ) i checked it all over and it seemed fine but when we got there she started it up and it appeared to be running lumpy and we also had noticed that the eml light was on.

so i checked round a few more times and i had noticed that there was a small vacuum hose running from the bulkhead down to a inlet pipe so i connected them up and hey presto no more engine management light and no more lumpy running :), now by this time the female owner who knew nothing about cars had put on ebay (possible amber light which stays on but i had fixed that lol anyway she took me for a test drive in it today and i said yep tina will love it

it is in mtv summertime yellow with a 1.6 16v lump in it with 96k , has a scorpion backbox ,tinted blue side windows, aftermarket alloy five spoke wheels and a evo spoiler (we loved it as even the spoiler is unique with the design of the car and someparts of the paintowork need bringing back but heres the car:

me and tina were only saying at castlecombe last weekend that she wanted a toy to play with and a week later we had sold up the vectra and got this little beast.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: we bought tina a new toy today ....

by BIG DAN » Sun May 02, 2010 12:51 am

looking good mate looks clean good buy
BIG DAN

by BazV6er » Sun May 02, 2010 9:59 am

yep she sure loves it and she wont lose it in a carpark, i stayed in front coming back from st albans along the m25 and kept the v6 running at a steady pace. :whistle:
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Sun May 02, 2010 11:35 am

looks good mate ive all ways liked the tigra not much room in the back tho, a nice set of white 17"s would just finsh it off, now where could you get a set of white 17"s from :think:
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BazV6er » Tue May 04, 2010 12:45 pm

we have another wheel that the previous owner had repaired as it had a puncture so i will put that on when i can.

She absolutely loves it tho so theres a bonus ,i took a short video of her driving it yesterday so i will pop it on later.

we think it has a scorpion backbox and a straightthrough pipe as its quite loud but not overly because when i said to her the other day what did you hear on the motorway on the way back and she said "your bloody v6 lol" :assshaking:
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vinny_69 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:51 pm

it looks like a mini se2
vinny_69

by BazV6er » Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

yeah it sure does...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Mark1 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:50 pm

That looks good, is that one you spoke to Toby about? Oh it needs a good clean :D paint should shine a lot more than that.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by cally8valver » Tue May 04, 2010 2:23 pm

it looks good mate but be careful when cleaning it as yellow tends to fade like red :lol:
what it like behind the sills and arches as these are the realy bad spots for that dreaded reddie brown stuff we all hate :lol:
mind you there is alot more stuff out there for the tigra than there is for the calibra
cally8valver

by T1N4 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Mark1 wrote:That looks good, is that one you spoke to Toby about? Oh it needs a good clean :D paint should shine a lot more than that.

It needs a mega clean all we done was gave it a quick wash so i could show my dad lol Just need a nice day to do it on now :(

I love it its lots of fun to drive 8)
T1N4

by BazV6er » Tue May 04, 2010 5:17 pm

yep mark thats the one , i did try you but got Toby instead and then after we got off the phone i had another look and soon realised there was a vacuum pipe not connected and this was the cause of the eml and the rough idling.Soon after this i asked the girl if she could take us for a spin in it along a nice straight and she did everything seemed nice and tight and i knew then that tina would love it.

we will have to get some colourmagic for this one as a few panels are a bit lighter than they should be.maybe she will have to spend 6+ hrs on hers now lol hehe
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by T1N4 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:07 pm

BazV6er wrote:
we will have to get some colourmagic for this one as a few panels are a bit lighter than they should be.maybe I will have to spend 6+ hrs on hers now lol hehe

Ahh thats so nice of you, thanks :assshaking:
T1N4

by cally8valver » Tue May 04, 2010 8:16 pm

T1N4 wrote:
BazV6er wrote:
we will have to get some colourmagic for this one as a few panels are a bit lighter than they should be.maybe I will have to spend 6+ hrs on hers now lol hehe

Ahh thats so nice of you, thanks :assshaking:
looks like you been roped in with the colour magic mate :lol: :lol:
cally8valver

by James_Mould » Tue May 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Looks nice Baz im sure it will look really shiney by the time you ahve finished with it :)
Its big... Its BLUE... Its behind you
Magnetic blue SE8
Diamond black turbo 4x4
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BazV6er » Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 pm

yeah mate we hope we can get the faded panels back to what they should look like..
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Next