Utter Scum!

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

Utter Scum!

by DanSE4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:16 am

Some of you may recall me mentioning that myself & the missus had our cars (the BMW's) keyed earlier in the year. It was infuriating but not major, hers was about 30cm on the front of the bonnet & mine along the rear n/s door wasn't too deep & the worst of it polished out.

Well, some c@#ts have surpassed themselves last night & done mine good & proper!

Went to get in mine this morning & noticed both o/s tyres were completely flat. Didn't look closely, had to get to work so took the missus's car & asked her to inflate them with the compressor this morning so if they're flat when I get home I'd know they'd been slashed & not just let down. Get a call from the missus about 30 mins after getting in to work with news I really didn't want to hear (as said, I didn't really look at the car this morning plus it was covered in morning dew) which she followed up with these photo's.

Bonnet, both sides & roof.

I won't see it until I get home this evening but in her words "it's bad", apparently to the point where the paint is rolled up along the ends of some of the scratches.

I asked her to call the Police to report it, which she did, purely for a crime number as I can see myself having to consider an insurance claim on this one. Depending on cost vs car value though, they may well deem it uneconomical.

I'm somewhere between completely numb & ready to rip someone's face off right now. :evil:
Last edited by DanSE4 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Utter Scum!

by DanSE4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Just seems to be mine, a neighbour of mine had a key (or something similar) run down the side of her Fiesta about a fortnight ago but not to this extent.
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by rips » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Dan's car is parked on the corner of the street, not on his driveway so CCTV will be difficult.

Dan, have you upset any of your neighbours? It is pretty nasty to have almost every panel keyed.
1995 Calibra 16v Ecotec Jungle Green
1990 Elan SE Pacific Blue
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DanSE4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:53 pm

I popped into the bodyshop next door to where I work, they're a good bunch & I get on with them well.

The ballpark figure (through the books) is about £3k + VAT if I were to put it through the insurance. For cash (& loosing the car for about a month while they do it around other jobs) around £1.5k.

I've got 14 years NCB & have that protected so I'm toying with making an insurance claim. Even with protected bonus they'll still probably load my premium at next renewal but I've been paying car insurance for 21 years now without ever making a claim so perhaps it's time I utilised what it's there for & just do it.

My major concern is what if I get it all done & it just happens again?

No-where for CCTV to go where I have to park unfortunately.
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DanSE4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:54 pm

rips wrote:Dan, have you upset any of your neighbours? It is pretty nasty to have almost every panel keyed.

Not that I'm aware of. The chav kids in the area don't need upsetting (assuming it was random) to vandalize stuff, if it's there then it's fair game to them.
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Callyman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:03 pm

TBH mate I personally dont think i'd bother, sound like the chances of it happening again is fairly likely.

Save ya money and move, or hire a hit man.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by rich30mex » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:37 pm

I see a mini meet happening when and if you find out who has done it

1,rich
THE TEA BAG Calibra l,e number 4
THE WELLY rio verdi ecotec on a N reg
UNCLE ALBERT gray 8v on a J reg

Best engine bay 2011
Best engine bay 2014
Best in show 2016
Treasures cup 2016
Best engine bay 2017
Best modern retro total retro 2018

mag features
practical classics
modern classic
performance vauxhall

Have car have cloth will clean need life
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

by rips » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:58 pm

rich30mex wrote:I see a mini meet happening when and if you find out who has done it

:lol:
I wouldn't know who to invite..
1995 Calibra 16v Ecotec Jungle Green
1990 Elan SE Pacific Blue
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DanSE4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:06 pm

callyman wrote:TBH mate I personally dont think i'd bother, sound like the chances of it happening again is fairly likely.

Save ya money and move, or hire a hit man.

I'll ponder over that one at the weekend (the hit man too)!

rich30mex wrote:I see a mini meet happening when and if you find out who has done it

1,rich

There's a few thoughts going round in my mind over who it may be (can't rule out it being totally random though), proving it would be another thing entirely though as the etiquette of scum is to keep very quiet. Knowing my luck, if I did find out & knock 10 tons of sh!t out of them I'd end up banged up for assault (or worse). :axed:
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by craigyboy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Sorry to see that Dan,obviously some jealous moron,i'd look into
a cctv set up mate.
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:36 pm

to be fair mate it certainly looks like you've been targeted, most will do a side and run before being spotted the fact that they've done all that and let down the tyres as well doesn't look good. may be time to look for another garage for the beemer mate
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by v6 steve » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:58 pm

get it up on facebook and offer a reward some one will know who did it, i would be sleeping in the car with a bat too
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DanSE4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Seen it for myself now & it really is sh!t. Got a better camera out to record the damage.

Gail also spotted this when inflating my tyres this morning, she didn't mention it to me when calling me at work as she knew I was somewhat "doing my nut". :?:

Looks like "LP" written in the brake dust, I parked the car after a normal drive home last night.

Am I being paranoid, is the alcohol (which I'm on quite well right now lol) getting to me or does that just look really odd?

Oh, my two deflated tyres are still inflated since the missus sorted them out this morning so looks like they weren't slashed/punctured so someone has taken the time to remove the valve caps, deflate the tyres, put the caps back on & key the car.

What the hell?!?
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:06 pm

F*** mate thats beep
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DanSE4 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm going down the insurance avenue. I've paid premiums for 21 years now without ever asking for a penny back so about time I used what it's there for.

Called Admiral earlier, got a choice of two places near to where I work to take it for assessment so I'll do that next week.

I can get quotes from a repair centre of my choice but to be honest, I can't be arsed with the messing about plus if I use an Admiral approved one, I'm guaranteed a courtesy car if they do the work.
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Next