Roll call

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

Re: Roll call

by Callyman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Mark1 wrote:
rich30mex wrote:just looked at the first company i came across and its not cheap

That's not that bad but I don't think we have the funds to do it.

We've been good in the past at a whip round, we got our name on Redvictor for life (I do bits for them to ensure that), Became Founder members of the 5 second club AND Bought x2 Even shelters.

So, It's doable.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by HOT-ROD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Unfortunately I've not logged on for ages. I have had a massive amount of help from the club site but the sad fact is fb is easier to post and upload pics. I would prefer to only use the site because the info on here is more reliable unlike fb where the masses try and tell you the cause of your brakes being spongy is because your head gaskets gone! :lol:
Club Member
Club Member

by Cliff » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Hey Hot-rod, I did make some enhancements for photo sharing and also, if you use Tapatalk (available for android and iOS) then you get a more “Facebook-like” experience including direct pic, video uploads, updates on posts, subscribe etc.

If there’s something more you’d like to see and/or you need help with Tapatalk - just shout and I will try my best.
Site Admin
Site Admin

by HOT-ROD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Cliff wrote:Hey Hot-rod, I did make some enhancements for photo sharing and also, if you use Tapatalk (available for android and iOS) then you get a more “Facebook-like” experience including direct pic, video uploads, updates on posts, subscribe etc.

If there’s something more you’d like to see and/or you need help with Tapatalk - just shout and I will try my best.

Cheers will look in to that. If I'm honest I've always just shut that window down when it's asked if I wanted to use it. :lol:
Club Member
Club Member

by Phill » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Cliff wrote:Hey Hot-rod, I did make some enhancements for photo sharing and also, if you use Tapatalk (available for android and iOS) then you get a more “Facebook-like” experience including direct pic, video uploads, updates on posts, subscribe etc.

Hi cliff, when i look at a lot of the photos that have been posted i cant see the full picture, if there is lets say 5 photos then i will see a third of them, i then i have to scroll down to the bottom of the 5 photos and use the slide bar to move the rest of the pictures in to view. Can this be looked at or is it a setting i need to change in my control panel. thanks.
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Cliff » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi Phill

What kind of device and which browser (including version) are you using?

Cheers
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

by DanSE4 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:50 pm

I still log in occasionally but as has been pointed out, FB is killing forums.

It's not just this one, it's all of them but it's never going to be like the pre-FB days as it's just more convenient to use no matter how mobile friendly a forum may be (TapaTalk can do one lol).

People will go where the people are, where the responses are & where it's most convenient. The only annoying thing is the amount of Calibra groups on FB, see the same thing posted about half a dozen times yet still seen by pretty much all the same people!
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Cliff » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm

DanSE4 wrote:I still log in occasionally but as has been pointed out, FB is killing forums.

It's not just this one, it's all of them but it's never going to be like the pre-FB days as it's just more convenient to use no matter how mobile friendly a forum may be (TapaTalk can do one lol).

People will go where the people are, where the responses are & where it's most convenient. The only annoying thing is the amount of Calibra groups on FB, see the same thing posted about half a dozen times yet still seen by pretty much all the same people!

What don’t you like about Tapatalk, out of interest?
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Phill » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Cliff wrote:Hi Phill

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew, I use a dell laptop and the browser is firefox version 57.0.1 (64 bit)
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Cliff » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Phill wrote:
Cliff wrote:Hi Phill

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew, I use a dell laptop and the browser is firefox version 57.0.1 (64 bit)

Hmm, I wonder if its browser related - I tested with chrome, IE and Safari but not FF. I’ll try to set it up next week and test.
Site Admin
Site Admin

by rich30mex » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 pm

If it helps I can tell you I use a Dell laptop too and mine is fine but I use chrome I do get the half pictures on my mobile but not too bothered

Phil could you not try chrome for a few days mate see if it solves it
THE TEA BAG Calibra l,e number 4
THE WELLY rio verdi ecotec on a N reg
UNCLE ALBERT gray 8v on a J reg

Best engine bay 2011
Best engine bay 2014
Best in show 2016
Treasures cup 2016
Best engine bay 2017
Best modern retro total retro 2018

mag features
practical classics
modern classic
performance vauxhall

Have car have cloth will clean need life
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

by Phill » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:50 pm

rich30mex wrote:If it helps I can tell you I use a Dell laptop too and mine is fine but I use chrome I do get the half pictures on my mobile but not too bothered

This is what i mean Rich and Andrew, this from cal16v wip same page. The first picture has the slide bar then on the same page the next photo is fine.
I'm not sure if it's the size of photo being uploaded, a setting i need to change or trying another browser like chrome.

Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by cal16v » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Phill wrote:
rich30mex wrote:If it helps I can tell you I use a Dell laptop too and mine is fine but I use chrome I do get the half pictures on my mobile but not too bothered

This is what i mean Rich and Andrew, this from cal16v wip same page. The first picture has the slide bar then on the same page the next photo is fine.
I'm not sure if it's the size of photo being uploaded, a setting i need to change or trying another browser like chrome.

Hi Phill,
Some (most!) of my pics are very large in size so I suspect this is what you are referring to. Perhaps the forum can be set up to reduce pic size to avoid the scrollbars? Or we could just upload the ideal pic dimensions if we knew the limits?

On a side note I cannot see the pics you've must have re-posted... this is a known change of service issue with photobucket afaik.

cheers
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by cal16v » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:13 pm

cal16v wrote:
Phill wrote:

Hi Phill,
Some (most!) of my pics are very large in size so I suspect this is what you are referring to. Perhaps the forum can be set up to reduce pic size to avoid the scrollbars? Or we could just upload the ideal pic dimensions if we knew the limits? Keep in mind that with reduced pic size you loose a fair amount of detail...

On a side note I cannot see the pics you've must have re-posted... this is a known change of service issue with photobucket afaik.

cheers
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phill » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi Phill,
Some (most!) of my pics are very large in size so I suspect this is what you are referring to. Perhaps the forum can be set up to reduce pic size to avoid the scrollbars? Or we could just upload the ideal pic dimensions if we knew the limits?

cheers[/quote]

That must be it bud as its not every photo. I was putting it out there incase there may have been a setting i could change to make all photos fit the page.
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

PreviousNext