Not been on in along time, so i'm back with my new Calibra.

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Not been on in along time, so i'm back with my new Calibra.

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 am

Hi guys.

Been a hell of along time since I was around on here so thought I'd drop in and say hi again.

Since I stripped my Calibra 2.5 V6, I then built a Vectra C20Let, then swapped that for a Scooby which got tuned to 325bhp, then swapped that for an absolutly mint Vectra GSi and got that up to 215bhp.

So when I got rid of the Vectra for a very nice tidy profit, I decided to come back to Calibras as I spotted one that was too good to miss out on. Theres quite a decent list of stuff done to the car now and am very pleased with it. I bought the car and was originally listed for £1250. I first got him down to £1000 before I even set off to collect it. 212miles later we arrive. So after a good look round the car I then got him down to £850 due to a couple of bits needing doing and the fact it was taken as a part ex and needed shot of it.

So after a little test drive I was quite happy to hand the money over. This was until 3 miles down the road when we set back home. All of a sudden I couldn't see a thing behind me due to emense amount of smoke. So pulled over, let it cool down and drove back to the chaps place. Found out that the car had 2 whole ltrs of oil too much which made it dump the oil into the inlet and cause the smoke. So drained it off and have not had a problem since. But the best bit is, due to me telling him it would cost £150 to fix the gaskets (they hadn't gone by the way) I then got him down to £700. Bargain and considering it's got £10,560 worth of service history, and it had 12months MOT and TAX it made it even better.

In the history there is a receipt from Courtenay for a brand new tuned 3.0 V6 for £4382 which made me smile and theres now quite a nice list of things done to the car.

List so far:-

Tuned 3.0ltr engine from Courtenay Sport
Courtenay Light weight Flywheel
Courtenay uprated clutch
Courtenay 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
Uprated Walbro fuel pump
Uprated injectors
Courtenay panel filter
Courtenay centre section
Uprated Equal length drive shafts
Cool running thermostat
Larger radiator
25mm lowering springs
Straight through exhaust system
And remapped at Courtenay to 237.2bhp/256lb of torque (have the print out)

There are many further plans for the old beast and already have a set of 4 kent cams for it ready to be fitted in a month or so when I decide to do the cambelt. Everything that could possibly be perishing has been replaced by the previous owner who was 66 and owned for the last 11 years (i'm now the 3rd owner). Chassis has done a massive 213,000 miles but the engine has only done 90,000 since it was fitted. From the history there has never been any expence spared and every little thing has been replaced over the years so hence this car being extremely mint. Even the interior hasn't got a single mark on it.

I also have a genuine Irmscher spoiler for it. It's the one thats similar to the turbo but not as flat and doesn't stick forward as much. And recently I managed to secure a set of 17" Irmscher wheels. But without further ado, heres some piccies.

When I forst got it:-

Now this is where it gets interesting because I know for a fact something isn't quite right. When I got it back home I had a good look at the history and discovered soemthing on the original purchase reciept. It's registered as being a SE9 which can't be right as I have a sunroof, but plain as day, the purchase reciept and the Log book says SE9 and apparently has done since it left the factory??? but heres the purchase reciept:-

In the history there is a receipt from Courtenay for a brand new tuned 3.0 V6 for £4382 which made me smile and theres now quite a nice list of things done to the car. List so far:-

Tuned 3.0ltr engine from Courtenay Sport
Courtenay Light weight Flywheel
Courtenay uprated clutch
Courtenay 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
Uprated Walbro fuel pump
Uprated injectors
Courtenay panel filter
Courtenay centre section
Uprated Equal length drive shafts
Cool running thermostat
Larger radiator
25mm lowering springs
Straight through exhaust system
And remapped at Courtenay to 237.2bhp/256lb of torque (have the print out)

There are many further plans for the old beast and already have a set of 4 kent cams for it ready to be fitted in a month or so when I decide to do the cambelt. Everything that could possibly be perishing has been replaced by the previous owner who was 66 and owned for the last 11 years (i'm now the 3rd owner). Chassis has done a massive 213,000 miles but the engine has only done 90,000 since it was fitted. From the history there has never been any expence spared and every little thing has been replaced over the years so hence this car being extremely mint. Even the interior hasn't got a single mark on it.

I also have a genuine Irmscher spoiler for it. It's the one thats similar to the turbo but not as flat and doesn't stick forward as much. And recently I managed to secure a set of 17" Irmscher wheels. But without further ado, heres some piccies.

When I forst got it:-

Now this is where it gets interesting because I know for a fact something isn't quite right. When I got it back home I had a good look at the history and discovered soemthing on the original purchase reciept. It's registered as being a SE9 which can't be right as I have a sunroof, but plain as day, the purchase reciept and the Log book says SE9 and apparently has done since it left the factory??? but heres the purchase reciept:-

And since getting hold of the spoiler and wheels heres how it looks now (spoiler still needs to be fitted but heres a shot of it in place)

And heres the car with the wheels that are on it now:-

What ya reckon then peeps?
BAD63R-V6

Re: Not been on in along time, so i'm back with my new Calibra.

by lammy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 am

Looks like an absolute bargain..well done. Welcome back..keep it this time!
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 am

I plan to mate. The mods I have planned for it will keep it N/A but will still give a good hike in power. I'm thinking along the lines on a Jenvey 500 throttle body kit. They have one with the trumpets to fit under the hood of a Calibra. So that with the kent cams, and another remap should see a good return in ponies :)
BAD63R-V6

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:27 am

neh unfortunatly not. There is one I have my eye on but it's over £25,000 lmao. BAD63R from the dvla lol. They used to have BAD93R for £17,000 but thats sold lol
BAD63R-V6

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:46 am

Yup, and i've got a sunroof lol. So this is why it confuses me, it clearly states on the reciept and log book so how can this be if it was made before the se9 was launched. It's a starnge one, i can only put it down to when it was all changed over to the 3.0 details and the wrong info given, I just can't under stand why it would say it is and isn't one.
BAD63R-V6

by vinny_69 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:22 pm

welcome back with a :shock: Red one
vinny_69

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 pm

vinny_69 wrote:welcome back with a :shock: Red one

Yeh that was one of the things i liked. Never been resprayed and it's still Flame Red and not Flame Pink lmao! Plus i've had a play in CorelDRAW 15, and this is what I want the wheels to look like:-

BAD63R-V6

by Fraz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 pm

very nice ...and its was obviously second hand if it was 12k as an SE9 new was about 22k, so no doubt the dealer wanted the higher SE9 price so just changed the V5

but still very nice looking
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Yeh the reciept above is the one that the chap got before me when he bought it so that sounds about right. Well I dont care, still massive bargain :)
BAD63R-V6

by BazV6er » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 pm

yeah as fraz said its not a se9 , never did any at n reg but they did a v6 with a sunroof which still wasnt refered to as a se9.

but lovely example mate
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Cheers ;) Yeh it's all a bit confusing lol. I already knew it wasn't one, just confusing it having the details is all.
BAD63R-V6

by James_Mould » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Lovely looking example mate. Welcome back.
Its big... Its BLUE... Its behind you
Magnetic blue SE8
Diamond black turbo 4x4
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by leelee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:59 pm

welcome back mate :)
total vauxhall hall of fame autumn 2009
garage_vehicle.php?mode=view_vehicle&VID=1075
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BAD63R-V6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Cheers guys :)
BAD63R-V6

by maid marianne » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Very nice looking car :D

Bargain too 8)
maid marianne

Next