CweLibra Turbo.

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

CweLibra Turbo.

by UndYinG » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:36 am

Cant believe?! that day has come ive bought Calibra Turbo few days ago, my dream car... Its been mostly used by a granny so its almost mint haha kidding, its overall in good shape, but engine is getting hot and it uses more oil then gasoline i knew that so i was ready to change the head to coscast since i have smith but testing the water showed no gases in it also water tank pressure test showed around 5bar... i will go to mechanic in a few days i assume turbo eats my oil and we are suspicious of clogged radiator since car was not used from 2005-2010 then driven on LPG.. it says 131k on the clock which is also suspicious, it has first color, everything is stock except the LPG install which i might remove since i drive my 8v on lpg for years, its 1994 metallic green with cream leather which might be swapped since a pillars are black, also dials are black 260km/h ive seen only few like that on turbos... anyways here are the pics, i never washed it, interior needs cleaning but first is first, engine needs to be solved, also transfer box is working thanks to lame FWD switch (a guy used it to make fuel consumption lower) so 4wd was used only in snow and it got saved even tho accumulator was never changed i bet oil either

MY FIRST PRESENT WAS 4x4 STICKER FROM MY FRIEND IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!! i like it debadged! B2B Pic is with my beloved red 8v

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I did open the head and i see XE pistons in it so im after standard ones, head is being tested so i might return it if its fine since ill spend money on pistons :P

ImageImageImageImageImage
A Collector Never Stops Collecting!1!1
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: CweLibra Turbo.

by saunders » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:20 pm

sweet
saunders

by UndYinG » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Well, its been a while... i got it last week after rebuild with used LET pistons, also turbo wasnt rebuilt . I started with complete interior cleaning , driver seat wasnt removed before this, thread lock was holding it tight ... After rebuild we ended up changing radiator because it was clogged and temperature was high again lol...

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:17 pm

I removed trunk panels so i can wash em, ima put cd changer for now in the trunk until i get aux cable :)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks!!!

Busy weekend....

Rear door panel a bit fixed
ImageImageImageImage

Changed pollen filter, old one was made in italy maybe it was never changed :) also i pulled out 35mm2 cable trough firewall :)

Last owner left me some nasty HIDs, i changed ballast positions and added 2 relays for high and low beam its all solved now...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And some more...

ImageImageImage
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm

And some more work, i need to make MDF bezel for that amp to hide cables...
ImageImageImage
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by MadOnVaux! » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Nice work mate :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks!
Ive got it insured and got my playes, also changed accumulator bulb and tomorrow she is getting winter tyres its fun with 4x4, i did small key mod :)

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 pm

I got pis*ed on by mates v6 :( my turbo is out for a rebuild too much blue smoke and turbo had big shaft play, also boost was low, it will be finished this week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc4nUij2zVk
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:02 pm

My turbo got back from rebuild last week, finally no more blue smoke and oil consumption, it runs much much better, boosts earlier then before and its awesome :) will fit boost, oil and exhaust temp gauges soon! Will post a video next time i race same v6 :) i also changed fuel filter which was very old and mounted BACKWARDS :)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Tenzo gauges

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Got 'em today!

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:53 pm

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by GreyDJ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Its a LET in the December 3 post, without the plastic top cover.
Cavalier CDi 96 Grey
Cavalier SRi 93 Satin Red
Cavalier Mk2 CD130 86 White
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by GreyDJ » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Is there nothing you don't spot :)
Cavalier CDi 96 Grey
Cavalier SRi 93 Satin Red
Cavalier Mk2 CD130 86 White
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by UndYinG » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:12 am

Ive bought it this summer it had big oil consumption and overheating problems :). I didnt keep this page updated since it was not visited much :) i was suspicious of radiator but my mechanic said head needs to go off. When we took it out i saw XE pistons, after that ive bought original USED LET pistons on migweb, got new mahle rings and redid the head. Also camshafts were both XE so i swapped BOTH with LET ones. It had a lot of smoke and overheated again, drove it for 30KM she was VERY slow and after i gave it a little WOT cambelt slipped (new cambelt and tensioners and water pump. I ended up with broken valves etc etc. Changed mechanic ;). New mechanic redid the block with new bores exactly to my used pistons (which were a bit smaller in diameter something like 0.04mm) but i didnt want to spend more money on new pistons. He also redid the crankshaft and everything was new in the engine except pistons, camshafts and turbo. After that i needed to change radiator since temperature was high :). That solved overheating problem so i drove it for 1500km and it was still smoking BADLY, decided to redid the turbo so i finally have everything working, no oil consumption, no overheating, boost holds 0.6 goes to 0.9bar short in overboost :) = me very happy!

Forgot to mention with XE pistons it had 2 head gaskets, compression was as i remember 12-13 bar which was awesome, might have solved my problem with radiator and turbo rebuild but too late now :). Checked every other part in the engine bay so it turns out it was a LET not a modified XE :) overall car was in great shape except the engine which costs me fortune. Its great that 4x4 is working and its not rusty YET :P

So heres my new update :) changed dash bulbs with white SMD leds, needed to drill a bit and solder directly but its worth every penny ;) light is EQUAL and now its same like gauges white/red combo!

ImageImageImage
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Next