Phill's V6 DTM

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Re: Phill's V6 DTM

by Phill » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:14 pm

I know what you mean about the rot. Would a silicone sealant stop the water and crap from getting behind them ?
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by GreyDJ » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm

There is no reason why an accumulation of mud etc on its own behind the mudflap should cause rust. The problem occurs when the paint is damaged by the clamps, allowing rust to start with or without the mud.

As long as you don't allow that to happen, perhaps by protecting the paint from damage with a bit of plastic between the clamp and the car body or a heavy coat of Waxoyl or similar, you shouldn't have a problem.
Cavalier CDi 96 Grey
Cavalier SRi 93 Satin Red
Cavalier Mk2 CD130 86 White
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phill » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Now the weather is getting better i have been out doing some bits to the car. I have replaced all 3 outside locks (need you to pop over sometime David to program the ignition.) and the sun roof as the original wasn't working and getting rid of most of the parts with mould on them as the old girl donated all the bits i need and a lot of spares. When i removed the boot cover i found the source of the leak that i was thinking was from the sun roof. I have done a temp repair to stop the water getting in but i need advice from you guys. I tried to remove the spoiler, I removed the 4 screws (2 at each side) and there is nothing holding the center on but when it was off the last time for the non factory wiring that was done (another thing i need to put right) I think some sort of bonding agent was used. Would you guys have any ideas as i don't want to damage any thing removing it. Also how should the wiring for brake light be run ? I have some repairs to do to around the drainage pipes for the sun roof next.

Got rid of this mess but kept the speakers for now.

The old girl going to be recycled in to a washing machine or fridge :lol:
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by craigyboy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Phil you should have kept hold of the wings and tail gate
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phill » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:46 pm

craigyboy wrote:Phil you should have kept hold of the wings and tail gate

Thy were shot mate, I kept all that could but had no room to keep the tail gate for the glass. :(
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Phill » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:59 pm

I found this in the first aid compartment. Can anyone tell me if it's an original kit or one that someone put in the car ?

Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by GreyDJ » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:10 pm

I'd say it was customer or even dealer supplied. Looks far too comprehensive (read that as expensive) to be a GM kit especially with no Opel or Vauxhall branding.
Cavalier CDi 96 Grey
Cavalier SRi 93 Satin Red
Cavalier Mk2 CD130 86 White
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:40 pm

No it is not the original kit that was supplied, it is a small grey packet with red piping and has the Vauxhall logo ...it will (if not been opened) be in a plastic cover with the part number on it ...I have 2 originals
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phill » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 pm

I thought it was to good to be true, I was thinking the car had the original head unit, CD player and first aid kit. Still 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Fraz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:45 pm

this is the one in mine ...and since it has everything that came with the car when new, I would suspect it is the correct one

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Previous