Phantom's Modified 2.0L 16V Ecotec

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

by nigescalli » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:49 pm

that looks really nice how much did it cost for throttle bodies
nigescalli

by Phantom » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:32 pm

throttle bodies and engine management was £1500 plus vat but you need to add the cost of fitting as the whole loom to the engine compartment gets replaced
Phantom

by nigescalli » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Phantom+--><div class='quotetop'>(Phantom)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->throttle bodies and engine management was £1500 plus vat but you need to add the cost of fitting as the whole loom to the engine compartment gets replaced<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->ouch think ill pass for now lol
nigescalli

by Phantom » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:18 am

<!--QuoteBegin-robs_cal+--><div class='quotetop'>(robs_cal)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How do you get anything in the boot??? lol<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

tbh I hardly use the boot other than for coats or roadmaps, I'm sure people think I'm weird when I open the drivers door and push the seat forward to put the shopping in the back, but the whole thing is designed to come out quite easily
Phantom

by chief » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:39 pm

wow top spec there mate, really shows what the ecotec can do given enough cash. any more engine bay pics??
chief

by Phantom » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:01 pm

I'll have a look for some and post some more soon [img]/wink.gif[/img]
Phantom

by dj_smurph » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:14 am

there is this throttle bodies with out the ecu swap

<a href="http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1913" target="_blank">http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1913</a>
dj_smurph

by chief » Tue May 02, 2006 11:30 pm

question mate??? when you upgaded to the v6 calipers which braided hoses did you get v6 or eco????
chief

by Phantom » Wed May 03, 2006 2:33 am

<!--QuoteBegin-dj_smurph+--><div class='quotetop'>(dj_smurph)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->there is this throttle bodies with out the ecu swap

<a href="http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1913" target="_blank">http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1913</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes that's the Dbilas one but for a little bit more you get a programmable ecu, without it you won't be able to get the most of the upgrade. Try having a look on the Omex and QED websites
Phantom

by Phantom » Wed May 03, 2006 2:37 am

<!--QuoteBegin-chief+--><div class='quotetop'>(chief)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->question mate??? when you upgaded to the v6 calipers which braided hoses did you get v6 or eco????<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I bought the 16V hoses made by Goodridge but you'll need a couple of copper washers for each one as the the ends that fit into the caliper are a lot smaller than the original ones and the screws bottom out
Phantom

by Phantom » Wed May 03, 2006 2:49 am

some pics as requested

the new engine before it went back into the car

all lit up

rolling road print out

Last edited by Phantom on Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

by BazV6er » Wed May 03, 2006 11:39 am

andy ,

i bet thats still the only fast eco on here tho mate
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by dj_smurph » Wed May 03, 2006 12:12 pm

i am just gonna get the ecu remapped once i have the cams i want
dj_smurph

by Phantom » Wed May 03, 2006 12:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dj_smurph+--><div class='quotetop'>(dj_smurph)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i am just gonna get the ecu remapped once i have the cams i want<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

then your going to need an EDS chip, so you're looking at best part of £500
Phantom

by dj_smurph » Wed May 03, 2006 12:43 pm

was planning on a trip upto MSD in blackpool as i have a redtop and they are the best ones for the job. they done the old F2 rally engines for vx
dj_smurph

PreviousNext