Phantom's Modified 2.0L 16V Ecotec

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

by Phantom » Wed May 03, 2006 4:01 pm

so your going for stand alone ECU then?
Phantom

by dj_smurph » Wed May 03, 2006 4:07 pm

they modify the oem ecu so that it takes their own chip and then they install the custom map so you would never know it was there without pulling the ecu apart
dj_smurph

by Phantom » Thu May 04, 2006 12:25 am

I see, is this done with the aid of a rolling road too?
Phantom

by chief » Fri May 19, 2006 11:39 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
question mate??? when you upgaded to the v6 calipers which braided hoses did you get v6 or eco????

I bought the 16V hoses made by Goodridge but you'll need a couple of copper washers for each one as the the ends that fit into the caliper are a lot smaller than the original ones and the screws bottom out<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thanks for that mate, so i basically will need to mod the 16v hoses to fit the v6 calipers. you really are the guru when it comes to the ecotec

thanks again
chief

by Phantom » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:38 am

no problem, thanks very much [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Phantom

by Phantom » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:06 pm

recent additions:

AEZ Icon 5 18" wheels
Ripspeed steering wheel
Alloy catchment tank

pics to follow shortly
Phantom

by Fostersice17 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Baz16v+--><div class='quotetop'>(Baz16v)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->andy ,

i bet thats still the only fast eco on here tho mate<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Erm no,mine aint no slug!!!
Fostersice17

by mwcav » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:06 am

<!--QuoteBegin-philangel+--><div class='quotetop'>(philangel)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hi mate,lovely looking car!!!
does the viper fit onto the air filter box or directly onto the intake pipe and bypass the filter?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The viper will replace the airbox and attach to the intake pipe before the airflow meter. [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Nice looking car there fella, when I read red mesh I didn't think I'd like it, but it really suits the rear. [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
mwcav

by mwcav » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:07 am

D'oh, posted too soon, didn't notice 3 pages!!!!

Man, I suck!!!
mwcav

by Phantom » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:18 pm

here's a pic of my new steering wheel installed

Phantom

by BazV6er » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:54 am

very cool andy (you havent got nos connected to those buttons tho have ya lol....
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phantom » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:48 pm

lol not yet Baz..................

but here's a pic of the new wheels

Phantom

by Animal » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:48 pm

Looking smart as ever! [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by nige-s » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Phantom+--><div class='quotetop'>(Phantom)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->here's a pic of my new steering wheel installed

Image<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

presume you lost the air bag then?
nige-s

by Phantom » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:16 pm

yes I know it's a safety feature but I only drive this car now on weekends
Phantom

PreviousNext