Mannix 2 Way Pager Alarm

Any electrical issues

by Missionmasque » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:35 pm

Any one got one of these fitted?

Thinking of getting one as i want remote door locking anyway.
Missionmasque

by Naz » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:48 pm

i have one. pretty good. But some times can be a bit dodgy and play!

Make sure you get what it says, i remember some one bought one that he thought had a rmeote start but it didn't. Read the desc of it properly.

Where you getting it from? I had mone from USA.

CHeers
Naz

by Missionmasque » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:55 pm

From the UK on ebay:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2471220978&category=15329" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=15329</a>

£99 inc P&P plus vat

Do you get window closure with this remote locking ?
Missionmasque

by ric » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:55 pm

Is it Thatcham rated? Keep us informed if you do get it fitted! i was thinking bout getting it also. Would have to get it fitted on the mainland though cuz there aint nowhere on the isle of wight to fit it [img]/sad.gif[/img]
ric

by Admin » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:56 pm

No it wont be Thatcham Certified.
Admin

by Missionmasque » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:18 pm

No, won't be Thatcham rated. Will be a fit myself job.

Will be over on the IOW myself in September again for the second year in the Calibra. So if you see a Calibra with it's Alarm going off, it could be mine [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Missionmasque

by Naz » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:57 am

you get two function assigned buttons. YOu can assign whatver you want to them. But the window closure doesn't work automatically.

Cheers
Naz

by Missionmasque » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-nariman1977+--><div class='quotetop'>(nariman1977)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->you get two function assigned buttons. YOu can assign whatver you want to them. But the window closure doesn't work automatically.

Cheers<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Did you fit it yourself ?

If so, is there any tips other than it's going to take all day :roll:
Missionmasque

by Naz » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:56 pm

yes, i did fit it myself. Yes it does take all day as i had to take off lots of stuff to do it nice and neatly.

It ain't hard, just follow the instructions. Have haines manual in front of you with the wiring diagrams as you need to know the color of the wires in the cally.

Cheers
Naz

by Missionmasque » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-nariman1977+--><div class='quotetop'>(nariman1977)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->yes, i did fit it myself. Yes it does take all day as i had to take off lots of stuff to do it nice and neatly.

It ain't hard, just follow the instructions. Have haines manual in front of you with the wiring diagrams as you need to know the color of the wires in the cally.

Cheers<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for that.

I'm expecting delivery on Wednesday and probably going to do it the following weekend.
Missionmasque

by GeordieSteve » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:34 pm

If I get one fitted professionally will it be Thatcham rated???
GeordieSteve

by Missionmasque » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GeordieSteve+--><div class='quotetop'>(GeordieSteve)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If I get one fitted professionally will it be Thatcham rated???<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, the Alarm is not Thatcham rated.

They say on there web site that they are applying for the rating this year.

If you fit yourself you lose the 1 year warrenty.
Missionmasque