Outside temp sensor

Any electrical issues

by piltz2004 » Sat May 22, 2004 6:40 pm

Has anyone got a picture or can someone tell me exactly wher to look for an outside temp sensor? I am thinking of getting either a trip computer or a DID and need to chack whether I'd need to get a temp sensor as well.

Ta
piltz2004

by Leigh » Sat May 22, 2004 7:24 pm

Underneath the passenger side front bumper, just around the point where it starts to curve around to the side, if you lie on your back or crane your head under, there is a small hole, probalby no more than 1cm across, the temp sensor clips into this from the inside of the bumper. (i.e you reach under and back into the bumper with your hand.

All you will see of it from underneath is the tip of the sensor, and the little 'prongs' that clip it into place.
Leigh

by IanT » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:13 pm

If your car was fitted as standard with the analogue clock, then it's really unlikely that you will have the wiring already there.

The DID is easy to wire up though, all of the connections you need can be taken either from the radio loom or the existing clock loom, then you will need to run wires for the temperature sensor, which need to connect into the fuel computer loom, which will be hidden away in your dash somewwhere.

Hope that helps, Ian.
IanT

by K5 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-IanT+--><div class='quotetop'>(IanT)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If your car was fitted as standard with the analogue clock, then it's really unlikely that you will have the wiring already there.

somewwhere.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not true, as Cally wiring looms are the same, if you have Fuel Computer wiring then you should have a place where the temp sensor goes.
K5

by IanT » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:09 pm

Really?

I thought that the DID wasn't produced until 1993 (corresponding with the facelift Cavalier) and so I couldn't imagine how the DID loom would come to be fitted in a (say) 1990 Calibra that had the analogue clock as standard. I'll have a closer look on my next trip to the scrappy.

Ian.
IanT

by ROG » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:03 pm

theres one in my 1992 cally, all wires std part of loom.
ROG

by IanT » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:06 pm

OK, my point was that the cars with the standard (round) clock shouldn't have the DID loom... Interesting that yours is a 92 with one though [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Ian.
IanT

by K5 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:55 pm

Sorry i thought you meant the Multi Function Computer wiring.
K5

by IanT » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:02 pm

No probs [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Ian.
IanT

by SprintV8 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:37 pm

Finally getting round to fitting the temp sensor to my Calibra,
But where is the wiring for it,
Cut the loom back around/under headlight but found no temp sensor wire's,
Where can I join up or find the connector,
I did have to rewire the switch to Fuel computer as there was no wire's there for that either.

93 Calibra 8v
SprintV8