electric window

Any electrical issues

by c1emm » Wed May 26, 2004 12:16 pm

i need abit of advice here guys/girls

i have a problem with the passenger side electric window ,opened it this morning and that took about 10mins to open tried closing it and it wouldnt , after a while it eventually closed
could it be the switch it getting old and needs replacing or is it something else
or is it just something stupid
theres no clonking when it opens and closes
or any rattles

thanks
c1emm

by dazjb » Wed May 26, 2004 1:50 pm

When it does decide to open/close does the window move smoothly or is there some sort of resistance there? If there isn't then it definetly sounds like an electrical problem, a bad connection or faulty switch.

I've not changed one of these switches before but if its possible why not swap passenger switch with drivers switch (presuming this one works OK), if nothing else it will eliminate one possible cause of the fault.
dazjb

Transformers!

by c1emm » Wed May 26, 2004 2:02 pm

thanks for replying Daz the window goes up smoothly and the drivers one is fine

i think i may have to invest in a new switch
c1emm

Re: G max springs

by craigmcd82 » Wed May 26, 2004 3:52 pm

Is it stopping and starting, or going very slowly, or does it sometimes do nothing at all?

It could be the contol 'card' thing inside the door.... Ive not had this problem on my cally but both me and a neighbour had the same problem on cavs. I assume they work they same way.

I think the electrics got damp, and became very intermittent..

Probly best to try daz's switch idea first, as this wont cost and doesnt involve messing about removing door cards!

Have you tried some sort of lubricant? ooo errr [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
craigmcd82

by c1emm » Wed May 26, 2004 5:57 pm

when its playing up it does bugger all dont move or make a noise ,when it does move its like normal
none of the electrics have got damp or nothing

its only started doing it today

would a cavalier leccy window button fit it ???
c1emm

by craigmcd82 » Wed May 26, 2004 11:39 pm

Im pretty certain this is the same problem ive had before in 2 cavs... and as they are practically the same car it could be the same again.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->would a cavalier leccy window button fit it ???<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes - but i dont think this will solve your problem. Its more likely to be a electronics thingy inside the motor housing.... it monitors increases in currents to reverse the window if somethings trapped inside, and also does the full closure when u hold the button.

These changed design in cavs around 91 to 92, from one that doesnt unplug easily to one that does. If you are lucky - yours does, of not - cutting and reconnecting is required.

Ive never messed with cally windows and im assuming they work the same way as cavs... anyone else want to confirm that?

If they are the same - I reckon a card (looks just like a graphics card etc out of a computer) from a cav would work in it...

Craig.
craigmcd82

by nokia » Mon May 31, 2004 12:02 pm

It's the switch between the seats, i have this problem at the moment, have to open drivers door to open/close windows. :oops: .....£63 + VAT from vau,vaux,vauxhall (hate their services :x )
nokia

by c1emm » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:42 pm

well its all sorted and it turned out to be the motor what was buggered

its typical all the hot weather has gone now just as i get it sorted so it aint like a green house no more

all in all it cost me a tenner 8)
c1emm

by craigmcd82 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:28 pm

Well done, bet youre chuffed about that! [img]/smile.gif[/img]
craigmcd82

by c1emm » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:33 am

sure am [img]/smile.gif[/img]
c1emm