Central locking unlocks itself

Any electrical issues

by dazza » Fri May 28, 2004 12:44 pm

Hi can anyone help me ? sometimes when I lock my car ( with the key ) the car will lock but then unlock itself straight away.

I am fitting a system 90 over the weekend and I am worried that it will do the same by the remote.
I dont wont it getting robbed cause i have just spent £2200 doing it up.
Please Help.

Thanks Dazza
dazza

by alarmbod » Fri May 28, 2004 1:26 pm

You'll find that the internal microswitches in one of the door motors are bouncing when you lock the door (you'll find that if you lock the car from the other door it will lock fine). Only solution is a new motor im afraid [img]/sad.gif[/img]

You'll find you will get the same problem when you fit the system 90, as the switch in the motor will still bounce [img]/wink.gif[/img]

Common problem on Calibra, Cavalier & Astra 'F' unfortunately from the phone calls I receive on the helpline
alarmbod

by Leigh » Fri May 28, 2004 2:14 pm

Might it also be the microswitch attached to the back of the door handle on that side tho. ?
When my dogleg/cam thingy broke last year on the back of the lock, I messed around inside the door and didn't quite get things put back properly, so sometimes when I banged the the door closed it would lock! just from the vibration causing the switch to trigger. Needless to say I took the door card off and sorted the switch out, all was well after that.

Dazza if it does turn out to be in need of another motor, before you buy one you might wanna consider if you're also going to do remote deadlocking, as if you are, you'll be replacing the drivers motor with a passenger side one anyway....

(only thing is, on mine at least, since I did that when I close & lock the door from the drivers 'tab' it deadlocks the drivers door...I think it needs a diode inline somewhere, but no one has confirmed where yet..)
Leigh

by DBV6 » Fri May 28, 2004 2:27 pm

could be the dog and roller too
DBV6

by alarmbod » Fri May 28, 2004 5:09 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Might it also be the microswitch attached to the back of the door handle on that side tho<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Those arent for the CDL m8, one is the deadlock switch, the other is the alarm switch [img]/wink.gif[/img]
alarmbod

by dazza » Fri May 28, 2004 7:11 pm

Thanks boys I will have look on sunday.
I hope to see you all at santa pod.

Thanks again Dazza
dazza

by Leigh » Fri May 28, 2004 7:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-alarmbod+--><div class='quotetop'>(alarmbod)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Might it also be the microswitch attached to the back of the door handle on that side tho<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Those arent for the CDL m8, one is the deadlock switch, the other is the alarm switch [img]/wink.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeh I know, wasn't thinking clearly this morning, I remember know when I was messing with mine that I was suprised that the same switches didn't unlock the doors as well as lock them.

Obviously hadn't had any caffeine when I posted that!
Leigh

by Leigh » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-alarmbod+--><div class='quotetop'>(alarmbod)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You'll find that the internal microswitches in one of the door motors are bouncing when you lock the door (you'll find that if you lock the car from the other door it will lock fine). Only solution is a new motor im afraid [img]/sad.gif[/img]

You'll find you will get the same problem when you fit the system 90, as the switch in the motor will still bounce [img]/wink.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Arrrrgghhh :x

After many many weeks of happy remote deadlocking, came to drive home tonight, walked towards the car, 'pip pip' , pulled drivers handle.....nothing
"wtf ??"
looked inside, door on passenger side is unlocked, went around, got in, drivers door tab still in locked pos, but could be pushed by hand...

f**k B*gger sh!T !!

looks like I'll have to refit the drivers motor I removed until I can get hold of another passenger motor
Leigh

by Leigh » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:32 pm

Done...
no activity from the passenger motor fitted to the drivers door when the locking was activated, but when I manually pulled the plunger it would both lock and unlock the doors. Now prior to it going t*ts up tonight, it would not unlock once locked from the inside, but now it doesn't work properly and it would unlock <sigh>

I wonder wether it had anything to do with that fact that I never got the relay/diode fitted on drivers side? could the current flowing the 'wrong way' have goosed the motor over the last month or so it's been fitted?
Now I need to get hold of another >'96 passenger motor (part no 90 493 702), and probably do the realy/diode stuff when I fit it (unless it was just pure coincidence - it was an e-bay item after all, bought over a year ago)

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Leigh

by rik@rmd » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:18 am

strangely have found the same problem, but only when it is particularly wet. without further investigations would assume it was to do with wet weather, but havent checked yet

Rick
rik@rmd

glovebox interior

by philangel » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:29 pm

this may be a coincidence but my central locking started doing the same thing when the old battery on my car was knackered!!! fitted a new battery and it's behaved ever since!!!!WIERD OR WHAT!!!
philangel

by stinger » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:06 pm

I had the same prob on mine i just kept on locking it 3 or 4 times until it stayed locked. After about 3 months of this it started locking first time again??? . Maybe the mechanism just wants a good old spray with some WD40??
stinger