oil pressure sensor

Any electrical issues

by Tattooman » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:14 pm

my earth connection was still connected, it hadn't come loose. i cleaned it up but it's still the same, maybe the sender unit itself is faulty?, or a fault in the wiring harness? one day i might run a new earth lead to see if that cures it. Gran, did you manage to fix yours mate?
Tattooman

by one_more_inch » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:00 pm

I got priced £96 for a new oil pressure switch from Vauxhall!!??!! What a t**t!!
The switch for one without the centre gauges only costs about £2 from a motor factor near me!!

Right, i'm goin to jack me car up now and clean all the connections. Then cross my fingers!
one_more_inch

by Tattooman » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:43 am

let me know how you got on mate. i think my actual gauges may be faulty, as now the oil pressure gauge won't illuminate, changed the bulb too, still won't illuminate.bought a 7 led oil pressure gauge today, gonna try that, at least i will then know if it's the wiring or the actual gauge that's duff.
Tattooman

by one_more_inch » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:05 pm

No luck mate! It was the same as yours, earth wire still connected. So I pulled the earth wire off & sanded/cleaned it & its still the same(jumps all the way over).

Hmmmmm . . . . .what next? Gonna check the connection behind the gauges as a last ditch effort!

If the sender switch was just a bit cheaper i'd have got one but £96 is a joke!
I wonder if Autovaux or someone like that will be much cheaper!?
one_more_inch

by Tattooman » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:56 pm

must be the wiring as the new gauge does the same. gonna get rid of the oil pressure gauge idea and just have a volt gauge(ordered a digital one). the 7 led oil pressure gauge is now for sale, cost me £50, will sell for £35 all in [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Tattooman

by ROG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:04 am

I got the duel sender for the oil center gauge from autovaux between £30 and £40, VX quoted me £130!.
ROG

by ROG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:13 am

i
ROG

by vauxhallman » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:11 pm

Just get one from a local motor factors, I paid £17 for mine I think it was. The code was XOPT10 or something like that.
vauxhallman

10" sub advice

by one_more_inch » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:15 pm

17 Rips sounds like my kind of price!!

I'll call in to my local motor factors tomorrow, nice one!
one_more_inch

Previous