Ineterior Bulb light warning lamp

Any electrical issues

by ZeroRisk » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:30 am

Hiya guys.

Got a problem where my interior bulb warning light comes on and stays on when I start the car.
When I depress the brake pedal it goes out.

Any ideas what it could be?
I think the some of the bulbs may have gone around the heater area but don't know what bulbs to get for it.

Also, my airbag warning light came on a while ago after a service. I had the alternator sorted, as it was shorted out and draining the battery while driving, but it still hasn't gone off. Someone told me that the airbag light comes on when there is a fault with the alternator.

Is this just leftover from the alternator shorting out or have I got a problem with my airbag?

Cheers.
ZeroRisk

by SukySaggi » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:31 pm

The first one a brake light check. If one of your brake lights aren't working it will stay on.

Suky Saggi (bog standard C20LET with a dodgy bumper)
SukySaggi

by ZeroRisk » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:33 pm

Brake lights are all ok. It's the interior bulb warning light that comes on though, not the exterior one.

I'm stumped as I put new bulbs in the glovebox and boot......
ZeroRisk

by RobbieV » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pm

Hi, ive just had a look in the driver's handbook and i cant find any thing related to a 'interior bulb warning light', sounds like a brake light bulb failure or brake light check. Where abouts on the dash is this light 4th or 5th from the left ?
The heater area only has 1 bulb in it which is part no 9198599 and heres a small guide for fitting it

<a href="http://www.netcentral.co.uk/satcure/bulbs.htm" target="_blank">www.netcentral.co.uk/satcure/bulbs.htm</a>

Hope this helps [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Smurf » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:58 pm

I am also unaware of there being an interior bulb warning light - the symptoms you describe are normal for the brake light check.

Whoever said to you about the airbag light coming on when there's a fault with the alternator is wrong. Why would Vauxhall fit an alternator lamp in the dash if it went off the airbag warning light? [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] To get that airbag light off you have to have the fault cleared from the ECU through a Tech 1 or Tech 2 (not sure which one). Until you get the fault cleared the airbag system will remain disabled.
Smurf

by ZeroRisk » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:23 pm

Thanks for the helop guys!

RobbieV: Thanks for the part number and the guide. I know this has definitely gone so will sort this asap.

Smurf: I know it sounds strange but there is a small light bulb with brackets around it, this is the one that has gone. When my rear brake light went it was a larger bulb light with no brackets. I just assumed one was interior and one exterior. All my external lights work so this is why I considered it to be interior.

I guess it's a trip to Vauxhall then in that case..... ( $$$$ [img]/sad.gif[/img] )

Oh yeah, it was a guy at work who claimed to have done mechanics for 3 years that said about the airbag/alternator issue. Could just be another one of his rambling bull$hits though.
ZeroRisk

by Smurf » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:30 pm

The bulb you describe IS the brake light check!

I know the exact two bulbs you mean. The one without the brackets is for the headlights and tail lights, but the one in the brackets is for the brakes.

No need to take to Vauxhall - it sounds perfectly normal.
Smurf

by Smurf » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:31 pm

If you want more proof read the manual [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Smurf