Car Alarm Install , HOPE THIS HELPS?

Any electrical issues

Car Alarm Install , HOPE THIS HELPS?

by mickobrien » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 am

Morning All ,

Just thought i would share my knowlage on fitting a laserline Cat 1 alarm to my calibra.

i brought of Ebay. £120.00 supply only.

It is a no nonsence does what it says on the tin car alarm.

Granted i wont get the insurance benefits by fitting it my self but i have saved

over £150 by fitting it as they retail at £300 fitted.

this is proberly what the insurance discount would of been had it

been fitted by a VSIB installer.

Anyway , the job took me about 3 hours to fit properly , including

installing a 2 window closer unit to shut the sunroof.

Here is how to do it , and the tools you will need.

various screwdrivers , torx bits , cordless drill , Tea/coffee/cigarettes

insulation tape , self amalgamating tape , Multimeter/test light , 8mm spanner

13mm spanner

these are the colours of the wires in my 96 N se4, some of the cars MAY differ , so it is best to check first.

1st job remove the glovebox , 4 screws, 2 by the hinges 2 behing the cubby surround

quite hard to unclip without breaking the small clips underneath.

2nd job , remove the horn from under the bonnet , 13mm nut , then unbolt the fuse box , 8mm

self tapping screw.

this will expose a grommet where the main loom enters the car. CAREFULLY poke a small hole in the

side of the grommet , this is to push the wiring for the siren threw into the cabin area.

choose a good spot to mount the siren on the bulkhead and wire up the bonnet pin on the slam panel.

i have a cone cutter for such jobs , once that is fitted all the work is inside.

3rd job , now the glove box is out its easier to remove the passinger side kick panel. do this ,

then from the loom that is cable tied to the underside of the dash cut the ties and peel back the

foam / insualation to expose all of the wires.

Make a cup of tea / coffee and have a fag! you will need it.

Fit the ultra sonics , and the LED i fitted my led next to my gear stick as it is a nice easy place to get to

and it lights the whole car up. the trim around the A posts are a nightmare to remove , fit them as high

up as possable to stop false alarms , and run the wires upto the sunroof if needed.

NOTE remove all hanging items from the rear view mirror as these

count for over 80% of all false alarms, magic trees moving as cars go past etc etc.

these are the wires you need out of the loom.

+12v Wire:heavy red
Earth Wire:brown
Ignition Wire:heavy brown
indicators:BLACK/WHITE AND BLACK/GREEN
CDL Lock Wire:BROWN/BLACK for total closer , doors and windows close , BUT NOT SUNROOF
CDL Unlock Wire: BROWN/WHITE these wires are in the loom to the passenger door and are Neg Lock
Starter Immobiliser: HEAVY BLACK/RED
Fuel Immobiliser: RED/BLUE
Door Wire: GREY in the passenger side loom in kick panel
Boot Wire: BROWN/WHITE in the passenger side loom in kick panel

The sunroof is a tricky one as its tilt slide ,and they do not do a module for such sunroofs,

so i have fitted a window module to it.

remove the sunroof switch , CAREFULLY the clips break.

cut the black/yellow wire , extend these by about 4ft ,i ran these down the a posts to the back of the

glove box,

wire up the alarm as per your instuctions , and tape up and secure the modules to the bulkhead behind the glovebox

making sure that nothing fouls and re tape up the loom and secure back in place.

i then wired the window module up to the alarms aux output (button3) and to the neg out via a diode , so it did not back feed.

so now when the alarm arms , the doors lock , windows close and the sunroof closes.however if the

roof is in the slide positon it closes to the tilt positon , a quick press of button 3 and it closes completly.

i hope this is of some use to you all ,any questions please feel free to ask

Mick
mickobrien

by Fraz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:37 pm

very good, pity no pictures to go along with it ...would been a bit better as a how to...though it will be going there once any questions are answered
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by mickobrien » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:52 pm

Pictures , Ha never even gave that a thought, ,allthough its only a 10 min job to take the glove box and kick panel etc out/ off.

if its nice over the week end i will do that. i know its a bit late but like you say , it helps....

il do my ice install pictures to. you want to see my custom shelf... ooh yes very nice!
mickobrien

Re: Car Alarm Install , HOPE THIS HELPS?

by beanyboy1982 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:34 pm

are these the wires ?

beanyboy1982

by beanyboy1982 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:35 pm

also are their more than 1 wire the same colour ?
beanyboy1982

by beanyboy1982 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:38 pm

which wires out of the locking bit would u use on the link below ??

http://normsweb.com/tektips/toad201.GIF
beanyboy1982