oil & amp guage wiring?

Any electrical issues

by blueraven » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:30 am

hi guys,

i bought some gauges from another calibra only to find i dont have the plug for them, but there is a big black plug there instead..
but now i have a plug that fits and all i need to know is what pin need what? if you look at the back of the gauges at the plug, you will see 4 pins, i can only assume that :

1 is an earth
1 needs 12v
1 needs the signal from the oil pressure sensor...
and i think the last is another 12v for the lights?

here is a pic [img]/tongue.gif[/img]

if anyone can tell me what each is for that would be much appreciated as i have everything sitting here...and they arent hooked up [img]/sad.gif[/img]

(also if anyone has any idea what the black plug is for that would be great too [img]/tongue.gif[/img] )
blueraven

No4 Injector open circuit/incorrect voltage?

by Col_UK » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:02 pm

the black plug is to change the bulbs
here's a wiring diagram i think it's of the plug as u look at it
Col_UK

by leegsi » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:10 pm

Great minds think alike.

I have just posted the same picture in the other thread where you asked
leegsi

Birthday treat

by Col_UK » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:22 pm

lol well done lee [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
Col_UK

by blueraven » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:14 am

thanks a bunch guys!

but i have a few problems tho [img]/sad.gif[/img] hooked up the sender wire and when the engine is running my oil gauge is off the meter!!..i have wired all the wires as above.. do you think the sender i have is mor elike just an on/off switch?? i think maybe one of the wires in the graph is mixed up between the lighting wire and the sender, seeing as i get a volt reading, no lighting and a maxed out oil gauge, but no light [img]/tongue.gif[/img] ?

erm.. help!
blueraven

by Col_UK » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm

which sender are u using? have u got a new one or u just using the one that was on the car?
u need an (thinks) xtop01 i believe around £15 or so this is a sensor (like the one u prob have) and a sender needed for the gauge [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Col_UK

by blueraven » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:21 am

yeh i found out i need the new type of sensor with 2 wires and not one(that i have [img]/tongue.gif[/img]) so if anyone has a spare or can find one over there for me i would happily throw a few quid their way if they send it to me.

but i still dopnt know why my lights arent working, i ran a wire to my clock light and they dont come on at all. i will try to run it to another light when i get the time [img]/tongue.gif[/img]
thanks again guys
blueraven