1st gear boost cut off switch feed

Any electrical issues

1st gear boost cut off switch feed

by pappasmurf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Evening all. Am i right in thinking there should be a twelve volt feed to the switch. The reason i ask is im only getting six psi on boost in the lower setting of my phase 2. My car did this before fiting the chips and i found it to be because the swich was not connected properly. As its doing a similar thing i checked the connection ok but i dont have a feed down to it. Broken wire? I had thought that the chips would cancel out the boost cut but as mine were bought about two years ago maybe not? As always cheers for any help.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: 1st gear boost cut off switch feed

by Stupink » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:24 pm

I think there are a few versions of the chips, most dont have the cut some do.
Not sure about the voltage, but 6psi sounds about right for the low setting???? what do you feel you should be getting? maybe its usulaly a bit higher, but not a lot is it?? hmmm thought the lower setting was just actuator pressure.
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by pappasmurf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:56 pm

Stupink wrote:I think there are a few versions of the chips, most dont have the cut some do.
Not sure about the voltage, but 6psi sounds about right for the low setting???? what do you feel you should be getting? maybe its usulaly a bit higher, but not a lot is it?? hmmm thought the lower setting was just actuator pressure.

Alright mate. When i first connected the switch up (before fitting chips) it went from 6psi held no overboost to 8psi held 10 over boost. I was under the impression 8psi was standard?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:08 pm

the switch isnt an on/off i dont think, in its off position it has the amal valve open 100% of the time so runs actuator pressure, ie the same level as boost cut.. so i dont think theres a fault there. I could be wrong, phase2 is the only eds chipset i've not had lol. but on my phase 3/3.2/4 the minimum setting goes to actuator levels and is often (depending on actuator strength) less than standard power.. can't recall what my phase1 did tbh. can't think who else on the forums here has phase2 other than mickm, he has an uprated actuator though i think?? not sure on that, but if it is then it will hold a higher minimum boost level anyway.
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by pappasmurf » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:21 pm

Hmmm intresting. What i might do is bridge the switch tomorrow, take it for a spin and see if it makes any diference? If not ill strip the casing of the wires and check for braks etc just to rule it out. Not sure what its making in the higher setting could really do with checking that also. however ive bin very hesitent to try it as the last time i had it at WOT on that setting the car shut down on a duel carridge way and had to push it home.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by pappasmurf » Sat May 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Ok, had to come to london (woolich) this weekend do i bridged the switch and set off. Problem free all the way here wich was nice and i was getting 9 psi overboost and 7psi held so it made a difference. Might set it to the higher setting for the way home monday and see what happens!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net