dash illumination

Any electrical issues

by Tattooman » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:36 am

sorry to sound thick guys but at night, are the sliders on the heater supposed to light up? can't remember if mine used to or not, but now they definitley don't!
Tattooman

by DBV6 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:57 am

yes but so little that you hardly notice, there's a little bulb behind there (same as dash illumination ones) and it's a pig of a job replacing it.
I've often toyed with the idea of fitting something like a sidelight bulb in a holder that can be accessed easily by removing the glovebox, would give a lot more light
DBV6

by Tattooman » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:29 am

how do you get to the bulb then?
Tattooman

by RobbieV » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:50 am

Same way i did [img]/smile.gif[/img] by having a look at this site

<a href="http://www.netcentral.co.uk/satcure/bulbs.htm" target="_blank">www.netcentral.co.uk/satcure/bulbs.htm</a>

The trouble with the bulb inside the heater panel is that its always on when ignition is switched on, which tends to burn out the bulb quicker.
Now ive change that by wiring the bulb to the glove box light, so when i switch my lights on the heater panel lights up aswell [img]/smile.gif[/img]
Need any other info on this matter just give us a shout :wink:
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DBV6 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:40 pm

but the amount of light from that bulb in that big space is still p*ss poor Robbie, the sliders are barely illuminated even in pitch black conditions.

Think I'll have a go at mounting a new bigger, brighter light behind there, if it works I'll do a how to cos I know that this is a pain in the *** for everyone
DBV6

by leegsi » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:37 pm

Or take it all apart and fit leds behind

leegsi

by Tattooman » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:57 am

sod that, after today's palarva(sp) i'll make do with dark sliders.
Tattooman

by Maverick » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:20 pm

Tatooman... you may have tried this already but seeing as I have already put myself through dashboard hell in the past... I will share my thoughts [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] .

If you remove the clock/fuel comp module that you have which can be done in about 1 minute... there are two screws behind. If you remove these then your slider panel will to some degree become free. How free I do not know, and how helpful I do not know. I also do not have any lights there and have thought about neon replacement in the past. I am not sure how they will look through the white dials I have though, as they have orange lenses rather than clear. Anybody any thoughts on this?

Fatz said some people have used his neon bulbs behind orange lockwood dials and they have look ok.
Maverick

by c1emm » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:11 am

mines dim aswell but it sounds alot of hassel to change the bulbs
c1emm

by FatLadZ » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:49 am

not a very good quality picture but ive fitted white leds behind these ones and a red and a blue led on the slider after removing the paint.
looks very classy at night and looks really cool in the day having a dash without the red and blue paint.
but the work involved isnt worth the pain
fatz
FatLadZ

by splinter » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:04 pm

I want mine like that... But no one will do me the leds to do it. :cry:
I get blown by Twins everyday !!!!

The old skyline gtr felt exciting even when it was in a car wash !!!!! :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Storms.....worth bearing in mind

by leegsi » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:18 pm

Evil on mig will.

I got mine off him
leegsi

by splinter » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:44 pm

Thanks Lee.

But i think that might have to wait untill i get the car sorted now. :cry:
I get blown by Twins everyday !!!!

The old skyline gtr felt exciting even when it was in a car wash !!!!! :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net