V6 Trip Computer

Any electrical issues

V6 Trip Computer

by vectrasimonsri » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:26 am

Hello All,

I have a standard v6 sport and would like to fit a trip computer. Are there any wiring diagrams available where I can fit this myself, I have seen the below link, which gives information on the pin outs, however I would like to know where to connect these to on the ecu.

http://www.v6calibra.net/docs/calibra_v ... mputer.htm

I understand the fuel consumption signal on the v6 is connected to injector 1, but want to know for sure. Also, I have not yet bought a trip computer, can anyone advise whether I can use one from a 4 cylinder or whether they are not interchangeable?

Many Thanks
vectrasimonsri

Re: V6 Trip Computer

by tazz666 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:04 pm

high there mate the plug for the trip computer is behind the clock tucked away to the left between the clock and the glovebox, and if you lift the panel underneath the handbrake there will be a white plug for the switch, should just be a matter of plug and play mate :D
tazz666

by Fraz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:50 pm

only thing will be getting the correct chip for the V6 ...but we know a man that can fix that
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vectrasimonsri » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks Taz666, if only vectras were that easy to wire up! Fraz, does that mean you know someone who can re-programme a trip computer chip?
vectrasimonsri

by Fraz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:29 pm

there is a guide on fitting the trip computer...have a look in the how to's

there is Ian from http://www.abs-zero.com/FC/Cav_prog.htm

and yes we also have someone that may do it for us, but have not confirmed that yet
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net