im comfused!? what can i do?(fuse box)

Any electrical issues

im comfused!? what can i do?(fuse box)

by frankej » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:13 am

i was looking at my fuse box & found fuses in totaly wrong slots, 2X 20amp in 10amp spaces(electric windows,4x4 slots), a blowen 10amp in a 20amp slot with wire wrapped round both prongs(FI slot), & a blowen 30amp(lights), i put the correct 20amp in the FI slot & i notice one of the slots which has a 20amp instead of 10amp says 4x4 on the picture, my car doesnt have 4x4 & i dont know what the reason is for a 20amp being in the slot? :think: im also puzzled about when i have the headlights on & switch ignition off, i get the buzzing noise without opening the doors plus my electric windows are on 24-7, normaly pulling the interior light switch out would switch electric windows off untill ignition goes back on again :think: could it be anything to do with a 20amp fuse being in a 10amp slot for the electric windows? im unsure about taking fuse out coz the power still goes thru it when ignition's off & i had bother with a 15amp after pulling it out(clock fuse) it was sparking like crazy putting it back in. only fuse i feel happy changing justnow is the 30amp one coz its blowen, just got to find a shop that sells 10amp & 30amp's, garage sells all fuses but the 2 i want :snooty:
frankej

Re: im comfused!? what can i do?(fuse box)

by Fraz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:28 pm

You will see from the picture that though they are lost of slots for fuses, not all have the contacts for a fuse.

SO I would presume someone has put fuses in these unused slots ???

and as for the buzzing sound, that is you lights left on warning....its meant to do that !!!

and the electric windows remain live for about 30,seconds once the igntion is switched off

and there is a list of fuses and what they do

knowledge/kb_show.php?id=15
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by frankej » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:05 pm

the buzzer should only go when the door is open, this is the only car iv had that the buzzer goes with the doors closed.
the electric windows are on all the time, iv even left the car for a few days & the switch's yellow light's are still on. i can only think its coz theres a 20amp fuse in a 10amp's place(windows/mirrors slot) maby letting too much power thru :think:
frankej

by Fraz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:13 pm

frankej wrote:the buzzer should only go when the door is open, this is the only car iv had that the buzzer goes with the doors closed.

Is the interior light also on???? if so could be the door switch is just needing a good clean or tighten the screw

frankej wrote:the electric windows are on all the time, iv even left the car for a few days & the switch's yellow light's are still on. i can only think its coz theres a 20amp fuse in a 10amp's place(windows/mirrors slot) maby letting too much power thru :think:

fuses don't work like that, they are designed to blow thus breaking the circuit, having the wrong size may cause a fire (in the worse case) but wont be allowing to much current through as that is already detremined

have you tried the windows after a time ..without opening the door?? do the still work or is it just the switch is lit up?? my first thing to do would replace the switch
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by frankej » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:20 pm

totaly stay on all the time, the windows work fine but its annoying how the lights wont go out.
the buzzer, no interior light is on & it buzzes when i leave headlights on, & when i open doors the interior light comes on as normal, plus the central locking's gone now too.
wires! :banging:
frankej

by calibraboy42 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:46 pm

Who put in that bit of wire :banging:
calibraboy42

by RobbieV » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:52 pm

calibraboy42 wrote:Who put in that bit of wire :banging:

It's supposed to be there, it's for the either front or rear fog lights (can't remember which)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs-se » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:26 am

Fraz wrote:
frankej wrote:the buzzer should only go when the door is open, this is the only car iv had that the buzzer goes with the doors closed.

Is the interior light also on???? if so could be the door switch is just needing a good clean or tighten the screw

A bit of WD40 into the door switch should help. Sounds like your switch is stuck in the DOOR OPEN position on the inside.
Nothing succeeds like a budgie with nae teeth

Up the Hibs!!

Now with added Vectra VXR power

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by frankej » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:11 pm

thanks rob, i'll give it a try once i get some WD40 :D
frankej