code 15 on c20let

Any electrical issues

code 15 on c20let

by wilza0 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 pm

ok lastnight i went out with some mates and my eml flicked on and off a few times then nothing, parked up the car got back in a few hours later and now the light is always on got home and did a test today and i got code 15 checked topbuzz and it says "15 Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) High voltage" can someone please explain what this is and why it would be reading high voltage many thanks will
wilza0

Re: code 15 on c20let

by Stupink » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 pm

it means the wire to it has probably broken or come loose. check its not worn though on the pas belt etc. it could be the sensor itself has died, but unlikely.
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by wilza0 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:21 pm

ok went out today and bought a new cts and the sensor with the spade connection on (not sure what its called), fitted them in filled up with coolant that i lost taking out the sensors started up car still have the EML on the dash. tried disconecting the batt and leaving it 10mins to wipe the ecu's stored fault started her up and still the light is there, so then i start thinking it must be a faulty connector so went to the scappy and cut some off a c20xe got back home and fitted them to mine still the light does not go out starting to pull my hair out as the only code it will give me is

12x3 start of the prog
15x3 cts high voltage
any ideas?
wilza0

by Stupink » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 pm

you can just put a multimeter across the CTS connector pins, should be 5v iirc if you have 0v then you know you got an issue anyway.

so put the meter on voltage (DC) and on a range that is say 20v (depending on what ranges it has) then jab the two wires into the cts plug and put the ignition on, dont think you need to start the car.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:08 pm

glad you found it. :)

sounds like it was pretty well hidden.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net