code 41 on c20let

Any electrical issues

code 41 on c20let

by wilza0 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:18 am

after my code 15 was fixed everything was running fine for a fewdays, then i went and parked up in matlan carpark in my town. parking up the car i rolled that little bit more forward and gently taped the front bumper and oh no that bloody eml light has come back on got home after shopping and read the codes now im showing code 41 topbuzz saying 3 different things for 1 code please help i have no idea where to look for this one

41 Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) Low voltage
41 1 gear ident switch (C20LET systems) Low voltage
41 EST Line coil cylinder 2&3 (M2.8/XEV systems) High voltage
wilza0

Re: code 41 on c20let

by Stupink » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 am

have you double checked the switch and wiring to it? (1st gear)
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by wilza0 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm

yep i found the wires stu going to the switch followed them up and found some of the sheafing (sorry spelling) had worn away, looks to be resting on one of my hard boost pipes thought it may have screwd the switch. so i got the multimeter out and put the probes in the plug turned on the ignition and im getting a reading, also checked with the probe on each wire for a circuit and both wires are reading ok. I had a spare f28 which i belived to be working took the switch out and repalced it still the light does not go out. i have also tested the old switch with the mulitimeter and that seems to be ok so now im thinking there is more to this than just a switch but i have no idea where to start looking
wilza0

by Callyman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 pm

It's possible the light has stayed on as the fault has been stored in the EUC. Try disconnecting the battery for an hour to reset it..
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by wilza0 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:04 pm

callyman wrote:It's possible the light has stayed on as the fault has been stored in the EUC. Try disconnecting the battery for an hour to reset it..

ok will try that

did also read this on vauxhall network forum

"i had the same fault some years ago with a senator when i had it checked it was the spark plugs sending interferance to the g/box ecu.the chap told me that any electrical fault could cause it,he even had one were someone had fitted a tow bar cut in to existing wiring and that threw up a fault on the g/box."

cant really see how spark plugs would cause problems on my gearbox but is it worth checking that out too??
wilza0

by Callyman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Never heard of that one.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by wilza0 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:08 pm

ok i have done the disconnecting battery for 1 hour actually it was 2 hours but still the EML is on. what does this switch do exactly as my old redtop didnt have one and my mates astra and corsa dont have it either so looks to be only on the f28 correct me if im wrong. could i not fool the ecu if the switch isnt important say by bridging/bypassing the plug to the switch to make the circuit complete
wilza0

by Stupink » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 pm

doenst really sound like the problem if the light is constantly on, you could try taking the plug off and just shorting it out, but im not sure which way aroundthe switch should be anywya.. but shouldnt really bring the light on i dont think when you first start the car.

does your spedo work okay? could it be related to the "speed sensor"??
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by wilza0 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:05 pm

well its a cable driven speedo and yer it seems to be ok. the needle does (not sure how to put this really) when driving its a bit wobbly tho its accurate as i have been through then speed things on my road that light up if you go over 30mph and i normally use them to test my speedo
wilza0

by wilza0 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:09 pm

yep stu the ecu is chipped got them chips in that i told you about ages ago trying to think of the bloody name arggg :banging: ah yer viper i finnaly did find out somthing about them some guy does em custom mapped to the car and driving style so i read on another forum somwhere
wilza0

by wilza0 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:11 pm

ok after loads of searching in and under the engine compartment i found a wire had metled and fused together from the heat of bieng to close to the downpipe, turned out after tracing it back it was the oil level sensor wire. so i managed to use a razor blade and carefully prize the two wires apart soldered and taped them back together and hey presto the light went out. Now i still dont know why that would have cause the light to come on or why it was telling me it was a code41 only thing i can think of is that it must have sent a false voltage as its sharing the same curcuit somwhere but many thanks to all that helped :clap:
wilza0

by Stupink » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:32 pm

that really is random. out of curiosity, if you drain some oil and trigger the oil level sensor.. does it bring the ecu light on? lol..
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by wilza0 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:34 pm

mm dont know never tried it will have a look tomorrow and repot back stu but thanks for your help
wilza0