central locking and code 19

Any electrical issues

central locking and code 19

by ste_goffy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:33 pm

to the next problems

tried to get the central locking to work tonight, found the fuse was removed and then it made sence to why that was.......

put fuse back in, closed door, locked then dead locked.
Unlocked the drivers door (only the drivers door) alarm goes off, neighbour complains, put key in ignition and turns to setting 2, alarm still going off, taps the central locking box.

Hey presto..... all doors unlock and alarm goes off. So i decided to try it again, but the same happened.

Any idea's?

plugged the laptop into the ecu connector (top RHS of engine bay) using OP-COM to read the codes, its coming up with code 19 Incorrect RPM signal (Crankshaft sensor - incorrect signal)
i have recently swapped engines from a pre97 to a post 97 but changed all sensors that were on the original car. but i bought a new crankshaft sensor.

could it be a wrong sensor or am i doing something wrong?
car starts but will not go above 4.5k revs, but with the management light on i have not been trying

Any help on the matters would be great

thanks

steve
ste_goffy

Re: central locking and code 19

by Fraz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 pm

was the engine running??? if not then thats why you have code 19
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:04 pm

as for the central locking could be the relay, if not then its a matter of discounted each solenoid one at a a time to narrow down the problem
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ste_goffy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:45 am

yes the engine was running at the time, i tried to clear the code before, during and after the engine was running, but all it says is that its an intermittant fault
ste_goffy

by Phantom » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:29 am

if you get code 19 with the engine runnig and the ECU is in "safe" mode ie not allowing revs above 4.5k then it suggests to me camshaft sensor needs replacing
Phantom

by ste_goffy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:38 pm

it is a brand new sensor, i had 3 of the same type sensor (well by the look of them anyways) i have tried them all in and the code is still there.

could it be that the original sensor is dead but looks the same as the other type sensor? (been told there is 2 different types on the 95 calibra.
ste_goffy

by Phantom » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 pm

iirc when you buy a new sensor it comes with a length of loom to replace the original as vauxhall had problems with that too

I have a '95 camshaft sensor here I'll take a look at it for you
Phantom