Central locking playing up

Any electrical issues

Central locking playing up

by RodOGW » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Had to leave my car for a couple of days in a secure building so incase it had to be moved I only locked it with the key so that the alarm (after market Gemini) didn't go off inadvertantly when it needed moving. When I returned to it this morning I could not unlock the drivers door either with the key or the remote - and still can't - passenger door and boot can only be unlocked with key. Pressing the remote sets the alarm and still closes the windows but will not open doors. Tried the equivalent of cotrol/alt/delete and disconnected battery - just to see if anything needed to reset itself - but nothing - still having to crawl in over passenger seat.

Any suggestions?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Central locking playing up

by RodOGW » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Managed to get driver's door, boot and petrol cap working. Squirted large amount of WD40 into the driver's door lock and magically the key turned and now the remote works. This was really a last ditch/give-up action and don't know why I did it - pictured weekend of trying to get door panel off locked door - taking seat out, wiring, etc. etc. But it worked.
Still can't get passenger door to work off remote but it works fine with key.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Central locking playing up

by BIG DAN » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:35 pm

i had this with mine couldnt get in any door eventually got the boot open and climbed through and got stuck head 1st in the footwell for ten mins
eventually it sorted its self out but still have no idea what coursed it so if n e 1 has any ideas please help
BIG DAN