Charge after rev

Any electrical issues

Re: Charge after rev

by scourslane » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 am

what type of bulb do i get to replace them? with it not working, theres nothing that can trip it out to blow is there? or would it have just gone with age/wear
scourslane

by Fraz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 am

or if you hands are small enough you can get up through the fuse box ....and its a 509T bulb
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Calibra_Mike » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:49 am

If you disconnect the speedo cable be warned you might end up with what I have, a bouncing speedo, I have had my speedo out about 5 times trying to stop the needle bouncing and still no joy...
VXT RACING DEVELOPMENTS - Designed by Vauxhall... Modified by Me...
The VXT Calibra, back on the road Oct'13... the Adventure Continues...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by david0457 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:17 pm

I did this job today and found it not too difficult. Couple of tips for those trying it: if you don't want to remove the speedo cable you can get a bit more slack in the cable and a bit more clearance to get your hand behind the instruments if you go under the bonnet, disconnect the clutch cable from its support bracket and manouevre the speedo cable the other side of the same bracket. Gave me just enough room to reach the panel bulb on the l/h side. While I had everything out I also replaced the heater control panel bulb which has never worked since I've owned the car. Managed to reach the bulb holder with a pair of thin nose pliers which saved me disconnecting the heater control cables. Hope this helps anyone attempting this job and I agree the Haynes manual definitely helps.
david0457

Previous