Remote Central Locking

Any electrical issues

Remote Central Locking

by JohnD » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:40 pm

I I need to get replacement keyfob transmitters for Central Locking Kit(Part No 91145514). Does anyone know where I can get these from.

Many Thanks
JohnD

Re: Remote Central Locking

by Phantom » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:35 pm

is your kit a vauxhall one?
Phantom

Re: Remote Central Locking

by John Hulin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Replacement key fob transmitters can be obtained from the original manufacturer as follows:

Lite-On Automotive Electronics
Unit 11, Ptarmingan Place
Attleborough Fields Industrial Estate
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV11 6RX

info@lireon-auto.co.uk

The telephone number on their web site is a private number and incorrect. I do not know if they are still trading as it was back in 2006 that I used them.

You will have to specify the code hopping type with green indicating led or the earlier non code hopping red indicator type. You will also have to supply the transmitter code which is printed on a sticker inside the key fob.

I was charged £23 each back in 2006.

All that said my original two transmitters failed within a year as did the two replacement units. On further investigation I was able to identify the problem which was common to all four. This involved the replacement of a surface mount decoupling capacitor which had failed in every case. I now have an excessive four operating transmitters that are 100% reliable.

If you would like to send me a transmitter I can make the same repair although I obviously could not confirm proper operation without your car! However if the green led lights when you press the button it a good indication that they will work.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net