need help with alarm install

Any electrical issues

need help with alarm install

by shane_bristol » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:11 am

hi , can any one help, i have the glove box removed and the previous alarmed was wired into one of the red wires in the loom and also the black and another one is brown and black stripe in the lower footwell . any ideals what these wires are for and where best to take a unfused feed for my new alarm. was going to use fuse 29 as its not used for anything
shane_bristol

Re: need help with alarm install

by Fraz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 am

well a red will no doubt be a permanent live, black is usually an igntion live brown earth

the Brown black stripe could be to lock the doors

by unfused I think they will mean a permanent live
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by shane_bristol » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:03 am

ok, well i guess if it was used before it must be ok to be used again, as the red wire has 2 wires joined to it . so will use it. i take it there are 2 wires to choose from on the central locking. as i was testing them, the wires are brown/white to unlock and the choice of brown/red or brown/black. i used brown/white and brown/red. i gather that the brown and black is for total closure. can the brown/black be connected to the white wire on a toad alarm or just left alone.
shane_bristol

by Fraz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:18 am

I think its Brown/White Unlock Brown/Black Locks & Lifts windows you wont get total closure as the sunroof wont close ...unless your going to use relays to get it to do the two stages of closing

the locking and window lift is an earth pulse ...so you can check by simply applying an earth to test the wires to see what does what

no idea about a white wire on a toad ...what do the instructions say the white wire is for ??
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:20 am

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net