Few Gremlins

Any electrical issues

Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Few gremlins which I could do with a bit of help please.

1. Oil Pressure gauge in the car doesn't work - Tried new gauge and replaced the sensor on the engine (Next to crank pulley)
2. Passenger door is locked and wont re-open. Almost as if it is deadlocked. Fuse is ok.
3. When the door opens the window doesn't open. Is this linked to 2.
4. Have fitted an aerial which has a wire to power it. Is this powered through stereo. if so. Which wire is best?
5. Just been for Mot and the drivers side brake light doesn't work. I have the afterburner style lights moulded in. What colour wire from the front to rear is for the brake light. (I think Yellow and Black)
6. EML Light on. 16 Knock Sensor. is this the front bank? Travel a short distance after clearing and it comes back on and hampers the fun.
7. TCS Light comes on and stays on when I set off. Normally travel about 10m and on it pings.

Any help people have will be awesome. Its a 3l V6

1 + 4 have been ongoing for 2 or 3 years, 2+3 started yesterday. 5 got picked up today on MOT. 6 +7 only recent also
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs

Re: Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Kevcalibra wrote:Few gremlins which I could do with a bit of help please.

1. Oil Pressure gauge in the car doesn't work - Tried new gauge and replaced the sensor on the engine (Next to crank pulley)
2. Passenger door is locked and wont re-open. Almost as if it is deadlocked. Fuse is ok.
3. When the door opens the window doesn't open. Is this linked to 2.
4. Have fitted an aerial which has a wire to power it. Is this powered through stereo. if so. Which wire is best?
5. Just been for Mot and the drivers side brake light doesn't work. I have the afterburner style lights moulded in. What colour wire from the front to rear is for the brake light. (I think Yellow and Black)
6. EML Light on. 16 Knock Sensor. is this the front bank? Travel a short distance after clearing and it comes back on and hampers the fun.
7. TCS Light comes on and stays on when I set off. Normally travel about 10m and on it pings.

Any help people have will be awesome. Its a 3l V6

1 + 4 have been ongoing for 2 or 3 years, 2+3 started yesterday. 5 got picked up today on MOT. 6 +7 only recent also


Please someone offer some advice before I go loopy and rock in the corner
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs

Re: Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:14 pm


1. Yeah its the bulky one. One earth wire pushes on and a single plug locates next to it. The gauge has never moved. Not even a twitch.
I will try grounding the sensor wire. I presume you mean the earth wire probably isn't earthing?
2. It wont unlock by key and the handle in the car is locked and wont undo otherwise.
3.i cant open the door to try that badger. will come back to this one when 2 is fixed. drivers door lock and window works fine.
4. Aftermarket touch screen headunit. Ive changed the aerial cable and aerial. But does the new one needs power. blue/yellow/red?
5. impossible for water to get in. You will see when I do a build thread. They are fully smoothed in. I believe with all the trim coming out and going back in I have caught a wire somewhere. Any idea which colour wire is brake light?
6. Luckily it is indeed the front bank. Winner. 71 quid though. Really!!!!!
7.Spoken to DanSE4 and I think I'm going to remove ecu/Light and remove the butterfly (welding up the holes)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs

Re: Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:20 pm

6 and 7 solved.

1-5 only. Getting there... :obscene-drinkingbeer:
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs

Re: Few Gremlins

by Cliff » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:28 pm

2 sounds like it could be the central locking motor in the passenger door, have you been able to check the blue/black feed?

4 is blue - red and yellow are perm and ignition feeds, blue is accessory and should be used for remote amp/antenna
User avatar
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:26 pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:36 pm

agw9262 wrote:2 sounds like it could be the central locking motor in the passenger door, have you been able to check the blue/black feed?

4 is blue - red and yellow are perm and ignition feeds, blue is accessory and should be used for remote amp/antenna


I'm running 4 wires from the blue one already for the boot install, Just as a thought. Could I use any wire already in the roof? Permanent live to light?

The blue and black feed? any way of tricking it to open the door for replacement parts
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs

Re: Few Gremlins

by Cliff » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:03 am

Possibly, if you Earth the deadlock (black/blue) and lock (black/yellow) and apply 12v to unlock (black/red) then you may be able to pop it. It could be faulty motor or more likely faulty loom/connectors. As for the aerial, where is it fitted? Connecting multiples to blue isn't a problem providing it is only control feeds e.g amp on, aerial on etc. If it were a motor feed e.g electric aerials up then blue isn't the right feed... Since then there is load
User avatar
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:26 pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:17 pm

agw9262 wrote:Possibly, if you Earth the deadlock (black/blue) and lock (black/yellow) and apply 12v to unlock (black/red) then you may be able to pop it. It could be faulty motor or more likely faulty loom/connectors. As for the aerial, where is it fitted? Connecting multiples to blue isn't a problem providing it is only control feeds e.g amp on, aerial on etc. If it were a motor feed e.g electric aerials up then blue isn't the right feed... Since then there is load


Ill try the blue wire with the stereo aerial then. Its fitted on the roof when the original was. Its a shark fin aerial but requires 12v

Am I finding these wires behind the dash?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs

Re: Few Gremlins

by Cliff » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:21 pm

Is there any mention of power requirements for the sharks fin? Just as a double check though I doubt it draws much. As for the wires, drivers side footwell - the kick panel (or whatever it's called) on the right by the door. Behind there is the central locking ECU/unit, the wires can be found in the loom leading to it. If you're handy with a multimeter then you could test that they flip positive/negative as per above when you lock:unlock the drivers door. If they do behave as they are supposed to then the chances are there is something wrong with the passenger motor or wiring to it - if so, then removing the passenger door card would be the only option and it's a pain when you can't open the door - but doable...
User avatar
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:26 pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:24 pm

1. tried the push on one connected and disconnected. Gauge doesn't move.
2. My door trim is a custom trimmed one which I could do without ripping off if I'm entirely honest with you.
The lock is as if the car has been deadlocked from the drivers side. So upright and the internal is closed so you cant pull the lever. Ive tried locking and unlocking the drivers door.

3. no I'm mean its the passenger door window isn't working but no point until the passenger door opens. The drivers side works a treat. I can here the motor working
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs

Re: Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:28 pm

agw9262 wrote:Is there any mention of power requirements for the sharks fin? Just as a double check though I doubt it draws much. As for the wires, drivers side footwell - the kick panel (or whatever it's called) on the right by the door. Behind there is the central locking ECU/unit, the wires can be found in the loom leading to it. If you're handy with a multimeter then you could test that they flip positive/negative as per above when you lock:unlock the drivers door. If they do behave as they are supposed to then the chances are there is something wrong with the passenger motor or wiring to it - if so, then removing the passenger door card would be the only option and it's a pain when you can't open the door - but doable...



Its an aerial that has been fitted since 2010 mate when I first had the car re sprayed. so no idea?
I will go check the drivers kick panel. Ive had all that out whilst I was replacing the fuel relay and testing that. May be a chance ive disturbed something in there.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs

Re: Few Gremlins

by Kevcalibra » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:40 pm

All fixed bar knock sensor and Oil Gauge.

the issue with the passenger window and door was the wiring to the door wasn't locked into place. so one shut it broke.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm
Location: Coningsby, Lincs


Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron