Vx remote locking kit

Any electrical issues

by Leigh » Tue May 18, 2004 10:41 am

Royal Mail Delivery -10

Chris @ Liteon +10

Got the remote back this morning Chris , it was waiting for me at work, thanks a lot for the swift turnaround (Chris only recieved it yesterday morning thanks to the speedy royal mail service (posted 12th May!)
Leigh

MOT failed

by alarmbod » Tue May 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Just a bluddy shame the damn thing didnt work when you tried it Leigh [img]/sad.gif[/img]
Hopefully the next one will!! (we have ways and means) [img]/wink.gif[/img]
alarmbod

by Leigh » Tue May 18, 2004 7:34 pm

LOL, it'll be posted tommorow lunchtime Chris, cheers for the help on the phone anyway.
I'll probably send it special delivery this time instead of "Rerouted,, errr , sorry.... Recorded mail"
Leigh

One to keep an eye on

by skellem » Wed May 19, 2004 12:02 pm

Is it not possible to use the cars hooter instead of a siren??? I know some cars use this already, and probably doesn't need as much power as a siren.
skellem

by alarmbod » Wed May 19, 2004 6:02 pm

A car horn would use a lot more power than a siren m8, as a siren uses an electronic circuit to generate the sound. We have some sirens in the office that only use about a 20mA supply to give out about 95db - a car horn would use between 3 & 5 amps to get a similar volume [img]/wink.gif[/img]
alarmbod

by Leigh » Wed May 19, 2004 11:19 pm

But do any of them sound like this... <a href="http://www.raiden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Calibra/chirp.wav" target="_blank">Alarm arm sound sample</a>

but without the footsteps of course :-)

Found it on the net at the w/end while trawling for sounds for a mail program.
Leigh

Previous