stalling in sub zero

Any electrical issues

by K30 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:10 pm

my ecotec was not happy this morning. the temprature was below zero, and it was not runing smoothly. kept stalling.

K & N is fitted, and i suspect this may be related

Any ideas?

cheers
adam
K30

by Smurf » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:37 pm

Have you also checked your anti-freeze? I know it sounds obvious but it's worth getting a tester to make sure it's ok.

K&N's normally only cause issues when it's too hot, unless of course it got frozen over due to moisture in the engine bay through the night?
Smurf

by K30 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:44 pm

thats funny you should say that. after is stalled a few times, i pulled over to let it idle (while it was running ok) for a few minutes and the coolant light came on. I checked it as i thought it may have frozen, split the tank and leaked out. the coolant was full up as it should be, and as soon as i checked it, the light had gone off on the dashboard.

Ive just been for a quick drive - 10 minutes or thereabouts, and everything seemed ok this time, so it does appear to be rtemprature related, or just a one off!

cheers
adam
K30

by K30 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:49 pm

jjjjjjjjjjj
K30

by K30 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:52 pm

sorry, leant on the keyboard.
K30

by Smurf » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-K30+--><div class='quotetop'>(K30)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Ive just been for a quick drive - 10 minutes or thereabouts, and everything seemed ok this time, so it does appear to be rtemprature related, or just a one off!

cheers
adam<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hopefully. Keep a close eye on it though and get the anti-freeze tested (should be able to get a tester from Halfords).
Smurf

by K30 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:58 pm

cheers for the info. ill see what i can do about getting a tester.

cheers
adam
K30