headlight bulbs

Any electrical issues

C20SEH Engines

by dobbo » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:02 pm

this is where I wish i could remember what I read!!!
i cant afford HID, but need to replace one bulb so might as well do both. whats the best ones to go for?? I know theres an issue with wattage isnt there?
dobbo

by Leigh » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:34 pm

I've got the Phillips Vision plus in mine, but they're about a tenner a pop, pretty good tho.
Leigh

by Col_UK » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:25 pm

halfords super xenon
very impressed about £14 a pop
Col_UK

by dobbo » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:20 pm

ha ha, too much choice!!
The Ring Sportz look interesting simply as they arent road legal. i cant use them can I?
Tell me which ones Im looking at Col and I'll order some.
dobbo

by Col_UK » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:30 pm

hold on I'll look
i'd go for the ring ultra xenon, they're the closest to wot I've got
the spotz blue won't be any good as you need h1's (or 448's)
Col_UK

by Col_UK » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:31 pm

ohh is it h1? i can never remeber
yeah h1 = 448
h4 =472
and h7 = 477
Col_UK

Should I Get A Solicitor

by dobbo » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:51 pm

thanks, its all mumbo jumbo to me though.
Im guessing ive got 2 bulbs in each lamp as well, one for dipped, one for main.
dobbo

by Phil » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:17 pm

Yep.

Noticed that mine are 50w or is it 55w? dip beam. and 100w main beam - is this right?

The bulbs col is on about are the best I recon, I remember a long thread, Phillips 50% brighter were the best, then Col compared them with some new ones Halfords brought out. They won!
Phil

by Paul » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:40 pm

Main beam should also be 55w.
If you have 100W ones they may damage your headlights or melt the wiring.

I have set of 100w ones which I'm too scared to fit. [img]/sad.gif[/img]
Paul

by Col_UK » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:05 am

more then 60w isn't legal anyway and will damage ur bulbs

regarding the halfords bulbs they are better but they're twice the price compared to my site, and I think theyre mde by bosch not Phillips

u have 4 bulbs in each headlap, dipped (h1) main (h1 i think) fog (h3) and a sidelight (501) we do some funny led change colour ones of those I have em on mine
Col_UK

by Phil » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:02 pm

Guess I'd beeter get those 100 watters out then. Julian???!!! Was it you who fitted them? Tut tut :wink:

So in theory I can transfer the old dip beam bulbs to the main beam?
How do they produce more light then? Is it the reflectors on the lights?
Phil

by dobbo » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:14 pm

good question,
see my main beam isnt a problem, its just my dipped beam that are likes candles.

for Col, are these fantastic bulbs that halfords sell the same as what you sell on your site? or am I just confused and mumbling on like Ossie.
dobbo

by Col_UK » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:17 pm

they're the same in principle same gas same design, just made by a different company. Which? rated headlights bulbs last yr and the halfords super brilliance were like second highest, if i remember correctly the ones we sell were top (and ours are half the price of halfords)

phil: <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How do they produce more light then? Is it the reflectors on the lights?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
different gas in the bulbs which burns hotter and brighter
Col_UK

by swchoi » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:26 am

I have previously used 100watt bulbs for a while, about 3months, didn't actually had problem with melting or damaging the bulbs whatever,.. After all, 100w wasnt bright enough also.
swchoi