Is my wishbone bent? I suspect it is! (large pics)

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by The-Kevster » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:46 pm

Well its as simple as the title!

Someone (sex not mentioned :wink: ) pulled out in front of me in <strike>her</strike> their nice new merc, making me swerve into the kerb birsting my offside tire, of couse the person didn't stick around! Ever since i've had a slight pull to the left and have noticed that the wishbone might be bent, i ignored it until seeing their only £39.99 new. So i thought that while i'm changing the springs i might fit a new one. Just want a second opinion really [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks alot guys.
The-Kevster
The-Kevster

by jaybv6 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:48 pm

It's difficulty to tell from the pics. Are you sure you have ot buckled a wheel?
jaybv6

by Stupink » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:18 pm

yeah, must admit i cant see anything from the pics, but i am stuck in 800x600 atm on this pc so the pic doesnt even fit on the screen.. lol.
I havnt played with my calibra for far too long, but i know on the astras at least the end balljoint that connects to the strutt has rivited connectors, this is designed as a weak spot to sheer off in an accident/crash, so odds are if thats ok then its not bent.. however.. at that price.. swap um both [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] the bushes get mashed to bits in time anyway.. assuming the new one comes with the bushes.

*edit* i dunno why i said that, the bushes are moulded into the arm, even vaux would have a job to supply them without the bushes [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by yunis » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:07 pm

what yr is your car? upto 93 the had a fragile wishbone design, after the beefed them up!!
yunis

by midscalibra » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:00 pm

just changed mine due to a worn bush rubber, they only cost £35 a side complete and new anti roll bar links. handles better than ever now.
midscalibra

ANOTHER POROUS HEAD C20XE - Pls help!

by The-Kevster » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:21 pm

Shes a 93 L reg so maybe it is a case fo fragile wishbones. On monday shes going in to have a full service, cambelt change (rollers & tensions as well), eibach springs fitted and two new wishbones! That should keep her happy for a while :nana:
The-Kevster

by bodgetastic » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:11 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-midscalibra+--><div class='quotetop'>(midscalibra)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->just changed mine due to a worn bush rubber, they only cost £35 a side complete and new anti roll bar links. handles better than ever now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Where from mate, vauxhall want £59 + VAT and Autovaux want £39 + VAT!
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator