Suspension

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Suspension

by Calibra_Mike » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:24 pm

Was out last night and noticed Im getting a bit of a knocking noise coming from the front end, when i got home I had a quick look and I noticed when i push on the front wings im now getting a bit of a squeaky noise, to me it sounds like it could be the lower suspension arms, think the bushes might be getting tired, although I would have thought this would have been picked up on the MOT 3 weeks ago, then again 3 weeks ago i didnt have the squeaky noise... anyone got any other suggestions? I plan to replace the lower suspension arms, track rod ends, antiroll bar links and the shocks soon anyways could have just done without it happening now...

Also anyone know if there are polybushes available for the front, I seem to only be able to find ones for the rear...
VXT RACING DEVELOPMENTS - Designed by Vauxhall... Modified by Me...
The VXT Calibra, back on the road Oct'13... the Adventure Continues...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Suspension

by pappasmurf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Also anyone know if there are polybushes available for the front, I seem to only be able to find ones for the rear...[/quote]

They do pollys for the front chap as ive got a new set boxed up in my shed! Think i orered them from regal a while ago.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Calibra_Mike » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Ill check them out, they're only down the road... well 25min drive down the road anyways :D

Will they replace the ones you get in the lower suspension arms? and the antiroll bar links?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by pappasmurf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:02 pm

They definatley do/did the bottom arm ones as they are the ones ive got, and im sure you can get powerflex anti roll bar bar bushs to.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Calibra_Mike » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:04 am

After more investigation Im starting to think the squeaking noise could be down to the top rubber mounts inside the front suspension turrets... seems to be where the noise is coming from, not at the bottom as first thought...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:43 pm

when you do your shoks put in new top mount barings ther only pennys
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Calibra_Mike » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:14 pm

90% certain its the lower suspension arm bushes that are gone after further investigation...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Calibra_Mike » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:26 am

Ok bit of an update with the suspension isseus, got under the car the other day and found a big lump of stone/tarmac lodged inbetween the subframe and the lower suspension arm, got it out and the noise has disappeared... looked at the bushes while under there and they seem ok, look tired but think they are ok for now, although one of the balljoints has a split in it... now the car is shaking a lot at 60mp+ and pulls over to the left a lot if you let go of the steering, so its at the garage as I type getting all 4 wheels balanced and the tracking done. Once thats done I will go from there, hopefully that will sort out the shakes and pulling...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:43 pm

i was getting a wobble at 60mph and it was the rear bush on the front lower wishbone was hanging on by a baw hair , so i put a new set of arms on the car yesterday and its all fixed now :D
tazz666

by Calibra_Mike » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Back from the garage... tracking was near enough spot on... wheels slightly out of balance... bushes all ok, no excessive play...

Machanic has said the shakes and pulling will be down to the amount of flat spots on my very old and tired Alloys... plus the fact they are 17s which puts the camber/caster out... so new rims are now on the cards... at least I know its pretty safe to drive for the time being...
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net