25mm drop

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

by RobbieV » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:49 am

Hi, i have a 1996 V6 calibra and sometime in the future i want to drop it about 25mm, whats the best set up to go with :wink: [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by jaybv6 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:53 am

By far the best setup to go for would be Koni adjustable with matched Eibach springs. That should give you a drop of 30mm without any issues what so ever. Stay clear of low budget makes like G-max, some Spax etc.
jaybv6

by RobbieV » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:48 pm

Cheers for that Jay [img]/biggrin.gif[/img] I did have a list of things to do for my last Calibra but now thats gone plus moving house gonna have to start all over again. Still this Calibra is a lot better just have to start saving again [img]/laugh.gif[/img] :wink:

Cheers Rob
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by jaybv6 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:51 pm

I too had lots of plans but they all went outta the window. The Calibra has to go but I will have another V6 Vauxhall to replace it :wink: .
jaybv6

by RobbieV » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:59 pm

My mate has the 2.2 SRI 150 at first i thought another Vectra until i drove it , Dead inpressed :wink: If i didnt have the Calibra i would be driving around in a Vectra V6 not bad motors 8) [img]/smile.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by jaybv6 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:19 pm

Robbie, that's the next motor. A '00 Vectra SRi V6 with my own patented special Mods. It will haev to be a 5 door, especailly with having a nipper on the way.
jaybv6

by crazycalibra » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:41 am

25mm dont be a woose if your gonna drop it do it right and put it on the deck
crazycalibra

by vauxhallman » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:33 am

Robbie, that's why I drive a Veccy V6 and a Cally T !
vauxhallman

Well i made it

by vauxhallman » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:54 am

How come some of you have hundreds of posts against your name ? Hasn't this site just started ? :?:
vauxhallman

by skellem » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-vauxhallman+--><div class='quotetop'>(vauxhallman)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How come some of you have hundreds of posts against your name ? Hasn't this site just started ? :?:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Some of us have been here a while setting it all up :wink:

Robbie, I want to do the same to mine...so I'll be watching for replies!
skellem

by Smurf » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-skellem+--><div class='quotetop'>(skellem)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-vauxhallman+--><div class='quotetop'>(vauxhallman)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How come some of you have hundreds of posts against your name ? Hasn't this site just started ? :?:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Some of us have been here a while setting it all up :wink:

Robbie, I want to do the same to mine...so I'll be watching for replies!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And I'll be doing the same to my next one, if I ever get it! :?
Smurf

Scrub with standard wheels...

by RobbieV » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-crazycalibra+--><div class='quotetop'>(crazycalibra)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->25mm dont be a woose if your gonna drop it do it right and put it on the deck<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Call me a woose then [img]/smile.gif[/img] because i want to be able to drive my car on a daily basis, and a cant do that if its on the deck :wink: [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
Have you drop yours to the deck ifso put up some pics to show us "wooses" [img]/laugh.gif[/img]
Cheers Crazy [img]/biggrin.gif[/img]
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by splinter » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:16 pm

Hi, Robbie.
Ive droped mine 35mm, and its not very good really around here rob.
When i drive up where you are i have to go so slow, About 6 mph as the roads are bad round there.
I get blown by Twins everyday !!!!

The old skyline gtr felt exciting even when it was in a car wash !!!!! :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by thesaint » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:49 pm

Robbie, my V6 cally was already lowered by 35mm using the g-max kit(apologies jay but not my choice) springs and dampers when i bought it, the bloke had just had them fitted, gotta say it's not the greatest ride on anything less than smooth A-roads, but at speed it holds the road pretty well and dampers are pretty good, but springs are very harsh.
Runs on 17" OZ rims and no wheel rub issues either, so can't complain too much.

Cheers
Pat.
thesaint

Calling All ClubCalibra Members

by PaulWmsV6 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:40 pm

Robbie,

I've gone down JayBV6's route. Eibach Springs with a 30mm drop. No problems with rubbing or catching. Also got koni D adjustable shocks all-round. Brilliant handling (can't overstate that really!) but the ride can shake the fillings out of your teeth on some of the local roads.

Paul
PaulWmsV6