Wilwoods on Corsa B

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Wilwoods on Corsa B

by robo c20let » Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 pm

hello 2 questions to ask

1. do you know if calibra turbo calipers and discs 288mm fit a corsa B (redrilled to 4 stud)
2. does anybody have wilwood 4 pot calipers on their car and where did you get the caliper brackets

thanks
robo c20let

Re: Wilwoods on Corsa B

by Mark1 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 pm

My son has 288mm discs and GSI calipers on his Cosra B which he got as a kit from LMF and I wouldn't redrill discs.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by robo c20let » Mon May 10, 2010 1:45 pm

they have been done professionally by the looks of it. i was going to stick my wilwood calipers on but that would have been a bit ott lol
robo c20let

by superfox233 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:49 pm

robo c20let wrote:they have been done professionally by the looks of it. i was going to stick my wilwood calipers on but that would have been a bit ott lol

why would superior braking be over the top?? if you got em, use em!! :D
superfox233

by cally8valver » Mon May 10, 2010 3:56 pm

robo c20let wrote:they have been done professionally by the looks of it.

how can you tell if ( they look as if been done professionally ) if there no reciept dont use as if they not right it your life and everybody elses you putting at risk
solution get some 288 four stud discs you know are 4 stud
cally8valver

by garyb » Mon May 24, 2010 9:09 pm

I had wilwood midilite 4 pots on a 4 stud, 15" rim Calibra using 280mm discs. Now fitted to my Astra.
I bought the kit including mounting brackets from Rally Design.
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk
garyb

by stevo turbo » Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 am

garyb wrote:I had wilwood midilite 4 pots on a 4 stud, 15" rim Calibra using 280mm discs. Now fitted to my Astra.
I bought the kit including mounting brackets from Rally Design.
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk

i have just been looking at them last week- i guess they are quite good are they? how much you end up paying?
Club Member
Club Member

by garyb » Tue May 25, 2010 8:09 am

[quote="stevo turbo
i have just been looking at them last week- i guess they are quite good are they??[/quote]
Yes.
And No.

Yes, in as much they have a much better, direct feel than the poor standard 256mm discs/ single piston GM stuff they replaced. I can't remember the difference in piston area & weight between the stock GM & Wilwood Midilite calipers but it is substantial. As you would expect, the difference in stopping power was amazing. Oh and they look rather scrumptious too.....

No in as much that I think that the 308mm GM kit is better. Of course, you need 16s for this. Also when I fitted the Wilwood kit, I replaced the stock rubber brake lines for Goodridge braided stainless steel jobs - an essential upgrade for the Calibra braking system - so some of the dramatic improvement wil almost certainly be down to that.

I paid whatever the Rally Design quoted price was at the time; I don't think it was much different to their current price.
garyb

by stevo turbo » Wed May 26, 2010 11:02 pm

so worth looking at for the calibra them. was thinking jus keep the standard disc size. 288 i think they are
Club Member
Club Member