braded hoses

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

braded hoses

by chris_p » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm

After alot of messing around finally got some braded hoses to fit well the garage i use did, the thing is i am a little dissapointed with the pedal feel, i thought it would be firmer or higher up what influences this or am i expecting to much. Dont get me wrong when you plant your foot it really pulls up, any thoughts wellcome.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: braded hoses

by Fraz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:24 pm

think your expecting way too much from simply fitting a set of hoses ...if you want better brakes fit bigger calipers and discs, Braided hoses just mean they last longer than the rubber ones ...and look better
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by chris_p » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi Fraz, didnt mention because they,ve been on for a bit i've got the lmf bigger disc's on the front, they are the black diamond drilled and grooved all round with the predator pads, thought it might be a case of me expecting to much just was going off what other people have said. Like i said does stop well!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vinny_69 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:38 pm

it also depends on your tires and road conditions but my old V6 had mindex discs and pads plus braided front's and that stopped like it hit a wall given the ideal conditions, the braided lines do make the pedal more consistent when your feeling frisky maybe you need to replace your brake fluid
vinny_69

by chris_p » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:41 pm

What would you replace it with ( and yes for the smarty pants i know with more brake fluid) but what type to get better feel from the pedal or am i being unrealistic again.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vinny_69 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:43 pm

race speck is Dot 5 but i would just stick with some good fresh dot 4 flush all the crap out front and rear
vinny_69

by v6 steve » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:45 pm

chris_p wrote:What would you replace it with ( and yes for the smarty pants i know with more brake fluid) but what type to get better feel from the pedal or am i being unrealistic again.

spoil sport :doh: ok and just before vinny does .. it

Brake Fluid :lol:
Last edited by Fraz on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net