Things can only get better

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

Re: Things can only get better

by Robs-se » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:21 pm

Ok anyone got a match???? :(

Got an ezzebleed thing and set it all up, bled the rear passenger side ok but on doing the rear driver and front passenger i could actually take the bleed nipples out and no fluid would come out, any more ideas
there is now a little pressure when pumping the pedal with engine off but with engine on there is non at all.
Nothing succeeds like a budgie with nae teeth

Up the Hibs!!

Now with added Vectra VXR power

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:33 pm

If your not getting fluid out on one circuit then its your master cylinder thats faulty ..all it can be, and yes I know you got another one

if you still have the one you took off, try and block each one of the outlest bar one and push the rod and see if any fluid comes out, and then do each one
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:41 pm

only other thing I can think of is your ABS unit. the brake pipes go from the master cylinder to the ABS unit then from there to the brakes ...you could undo the pipe that goes from the master cylinder to the respective slot on the ABS unit and check its getting fluid to the ABS unit, then undo the pipe from the ABS to the brake and see if its got fluid there....if its getting fluid at the ABS but not coming out, you looking at replacing the ABS unit
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs-se » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:37 pm

as always help and advice always appreciated, dont think its the abs unit as fluid is getting out to the calipers ie the rear pass side bleeds ok and the rear drivers did have a slight trickle. I'm begginning to think its the servo as there just doesn't seem to be any pressure on the pedal. typically my car always breakes when i'm on the nightshift and its raining

Up the Hibs!!

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 pm

i take you are having problems with that master cylinder rob?
tazz666

by Robs-se » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 pm

tazz666 wrote:i take you are having problems with that master cylinder rob?

Trying to work out wether its my servo thats failed as there is no pressure on the pedal. I tried your cylinder with my servo, i may just try your servo with your cylinder at the weekend
then torch the bl**dy thing lol, just the shifts and the weather are against me at the mo

Up the Hibs!!

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:59 pm

i know how you feel mate as today was the first i got out to play with the motor aswell and that was only to give it a wash as it was manky
tazz666

by Robs-se » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:04 pm

manky car is least of my worries at the mo lol, i'm using the the wifes Astra 1.4 8v at the moment :( need mine back on the road

Up the Hibs!!

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs-se » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Thats what i've been trying to say, the pedal is not hard to press with the engine off and exactly the same with the engine on which is why i believed there is a servo problem

Up the Hibs!!

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs-se » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:56 pm

reason i thought both were connected was because once i changed the master cyclinder, the brake pedal to begin with was very easy to depress. Eventually it became stiffer as expected but then suddenly stiffened up and on pressing it all went ping and now there is nothing at all, maybe there are now 2 issues here,
1. the problem with bleeding and
2. suspected problem now with the servo assist not assisting

Before all this happened there was the problem that the brakes were spongey on the first press of the pedal but back to how they should be on the second press wich led me to beleive a master cylinder problem. The 'suspected servo' issue is now something new which is that there is no pressure in the pedal, which could also be something broke at the connection of the pedal to servo fork but on looking could not find anything flapping about which has led me to think the servo has failed as well.

Up the Hibs!!

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:20 pm

This may be way off track ....but once I had a car that would not bleed the brake, did same thing as you have done changed the master cylinder, still the same after much swapping of bits from another car and still getting the same .....turned out to be the brake pedal had a fracture on the pivot point at the pedal box and thus was not pushing the rod fully through into the master cylinder ...but that is kinda long shot, I doubt its the servo actually causing no fluid getting through ...would be checking each circuit at the master cylinder and see the amount of fluid coming out there before going looking at long shots ....the ABS is next in line, but as David said kinda rare for them to go faulty

Just to be clear ...your able to bleed the rear drivers side and front Passenger side, but the front drivers and rear passengers side is not getting fluid out ??
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Robs-se » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Fraz wrote:This may be way off track ....but once I had a car that would not bleed the brake, did same thing as you have done changed the master cylinder, still the same after much swapping of bits from another car and still getting the same .....turned out to be the brake pedal had a fracture on the pivot point at the pedal box and thus was not pushing the rod fully through into the master cylinder ...but that is kinda long shot, I doubt its the servo actually causing no fluid getting through ...would be checking each circuit at the master cylinder and see the amount of fluid coming out there before going looking at long shots ....the ABS is next in line, but as David said kinda rare for them to go faulty

Just to be clear ...your able to bleed the rear drivers side and front Passenger side, but the front drivers and rear passengers side is not getting fluid out ??

Thanks for the advice on the pedal, will have another look tomorrow and its the other way round, can bleed rear passenger side and drivers, not rear drivers and front passenger side :D

But broken pedal sounds like a long shot though, worth checking on these s0dding cars though :lol:

Up the Hibs!!

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tazz666 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:02 am

rob mate it could be one of the seals gone in that master cylinder i gave you mate, as it sound as though that is what is wrong ,as the brake curcuit is diagonally split,and the abs pump is fead by only 2 feeds coming from the master cyinder, if it is that mate i am sorry for giving you a dud , but as i said it was ok when i pulled it from my car before i put the v6 master in
tazz666

by Robs-se » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm

no worries mate, recon i've cracked it now. On the abs unit it has four pipes marked as HL VR HR VL. noticed the HR and VL have one pipe and the other 2 have the other pipe going to it. The part with HR and VL refer to the 2 calipres i cant bleed. traced the pipe back to the master cylinder and undid it to find it was bone dry. just to check i also undid the other pipe and although nothing gushed out it was wet and weepy.
And again weather cuts me short :(

Up the Hibs!!

Now calibraless
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:52 pm

rechts = right
links = left

die Vorderradbremse = the front brake
das Heckteil = the back

so your pipe thats dry is the back right and the front left , so looks like your master cylinder again
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

PreviousNext