digi dash?!?!?

Exterior & Interior Styling.

by Fraz » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:09 pm

allys cally wrote:is the digital dash in the calibra the same as the one thats in the carlton gsi?

almost the same this is the Omega (or Carlton Gsi) bit wider and higher

Senator

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Lao » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:24 am

Fraz wrote:Well they did ..and it looks like this

Those are Calibra fotos, and I am telling you for sure: Calibra AND Vectra never had a factory insalled digi. Never!
Lao

by KRIS_537 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:56 am

got a question i know these can be connected into most Calibra / Cavaliers with a Speedo cable type gearbox, but what about the Turbo's that run it with the electric type speedo. Can these work on a Calibra Turbo with electic type speedo. iirc it pulses from the abs system.
KRIS_537

by pas » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:57 am

Lao wrote:Those are Calibra fotos, and I am telling you for sure: Calibra AND Vectra never had a factory insalled digi. Never!

Calibra no but Vectra A 2000 (Europe - Opel) did but not in all vectra 2000, its very rare and expensive - its one that Fraz has in his Calibra. My brother had one in his vectra 2000...
pas

by Fraz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:43 am

Lao wrote:Those are Calibra fotos, and I am telling you for sure: Calibra AND Vectra never had a factory insalled digi. Never!

oh yes they did ..the Opel Vectra model A 2 Litre (Vectra 2000) had a limited number of about 500 fitted with a digital dash from the Factory. These mostly ended up in South Africa, but some did get fitted in Europe. They are VERY rare

I and a few others have these fitted in our calibras, but they did come out of a Vectra A ( or Cavailer Mk2) or what ever you call them over there ..but one of these

Just beacuse you have not heard of them don't mean they do not exist. Now go have a read of <a href="http://www.motorscene.de/LCD-Cockpit/LCD_Bilder_von_Opel/lcd_bilder_von_opel.html" target="_blank">this</a>

try a google search ...some info on there also
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:47 am

KRIS_537 wrote:got a question i know these can be connected into most Calibra / Cavaliers with a Speedo cable type gearbox, but what about the Turbo's that run it with the electric type speedo. Can these work on a Calibra Turbo with electic type speedo. iirc it pulses from the abs system.

in a word no ..the pulse duration of the ABS is diffrent to what the speedo needs...will work but your speedo is way out (doing 70 when your shown 55)

but there is a way round it ..you need a pre scaler interface and another wee mod using your exsting speedo to get it spot on
Last edited by Fraz on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KRIS_537 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:02 pm

so hows that work then. suppose if i got one of those scalers and drove past one on them machines that tell you how fast ur going woulld eb one way of setting it up lmao. suppose the only other way would be to fit a f28 cable tyoe box in. i know the digi ones on the 16v had the f20 but would it work okay in a f28, cable driven.
KRIS_537

by Fraz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:21 pm

well mines is about 1.5 miles per hour over reading at speeds above 50..its almost spot on below that, but that is using the pre scaler and the pulse unit from the back of the original speed ..with just a pre scaler its about 6 MPh out over 50 and 4mph under that ...but it varies with the speed from 2 mph to 8 mph with just a pre scaler

set it up using a sat nav
Last edited by Fraz on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 pm

if i remember correctly there were two different types of digi dash in the astra gte, one had the rev counter at the side of the speedo and the earlier one had the rev counter going from the bottom left and over the top of the speedo.
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Lao » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Fraz wrote:well mines is about 1.5 miles per hour over reading at speeds above 50..its almost spot on below that, but that is using the pre scaler and the pulse unit from the back of the original speed ..with just a pre scaler its about 6 MPh out over 50 and 4mph under that ...but it varies with the speed from 2 mph to 8 mph with just a pre scaler

set it up using a sat nav

Have you tried adjusting it from the upper little switch?
Lao

by Fraz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:21 pm

Lao wrote:Have you tried adjusting it from the upper little switch?

there is no switch ..its not a Astra dash so no pulse switch, and even if it did the ABS pulse is still the wrong pulse duration
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Lao » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Ah, ok then.
Lao

by 1llusion » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:46 am

I am gonna answer several questions.

First Opel Kadett / vauxhall Astra

If any more questions come available please ask.

This is the old version LCD from the Opel Kadett (Vauxhall Astra)

This is the new version LCD
The difference is not the engine type, but the year the where made in.
Newer types are from cars of 1990 and later.
Meaning much more difficult to find.

For installing you need
LCD dash
lcd connectors
Oil presure sensor (Standard on facelift cali models (Oil volt gauge))
Speedosensor (With a speed converter for ABS driven and F28 pulse)
Also for a V6 You need a module to convert your revs, or a chip out of a 6 cilinder dash (Only Senator and Omega/Carlton)

Connecting the wires is simple
Most off the wires are equal in collor.
Keep in mind that if you do not put the lcd in a calibra housing that you need to get your blinker signal for both blinker sides (get it from your blinker switch)
Some wires do not collor match.
Screen dimming is if I am correct grey, but it are the only 2 wires you have left, once you have connected red/blue Speed signal blue/yellow oil presure and the one wire for battery levels.
Also the number of black and brown wires don't match. Just try to connect them al to each other. don't matter which you connect as long as black is on black and brown on brown.
Last edited by 1llusion on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
1llusion

by 1llusion » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:53 am

Second Opel Vectra A / Vauxhall Cavelier

Off

On

This is the best LCD to fit in to a calibra.

It is originaly from the Opel Vectra 2000 model and is very limited.
Although I realy do not believe the 500 pieces max storie.
They are not that rare.

Fitting on of these is not that easy.
You have to rewire your CC model to get it fully functional.

Also for this dash, if you have an ABS or F28Pulse speed signal you need a module to convert your speed.
Also for a V6 You need a module to convert your revs, or a chip out of a 6 cilinder dash (Only Senator and Omega/Carlton)

PS> Prices off these nowadays are aproxx 200 to 300 Pounds.
1llusion

by 1llusion » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:59 am

Also possible is installing a dash from a senator or omega A/Carlton
like this:
Old Type

New type

You need to make a lot of adjustments to get it looking like this

Uninstalled off

Installed on.

The most advantages in this mod lies in the fact that for a V6 you do not need different revs converters, as these dashes are available for 6 cilinder engines. and you can connect your auto gearbox to your dash, showing what gear you are in.

However installing these is realy not simple!
For those who do want to try, I have a german language site, with a how to including a lot off pics.
1llusion

PreviousNext