<a href="http://lenk-tuning.com/" target="_blank">http://lenk-tuning.com/</a>
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by RobbieV » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:15 pm

Cheers Fraz :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR CNE » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:22 pm

Got my cally with 3 cracks in the dash,i used to think they were meant to be there LOL,as one is perfectly in the middle with the other 2 just about the same distance apart from the middle one LOL,i like them now LOL
KERR CNE

by WooK » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14 am

a dash mate is another way to cover it up :) :)
WooK

by poita » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 am

yer thats wat i did wook, looks a little weird to start with
but it grows on ya :)
1995 Orange 16v Ecotec

Mods are coming along nicely
Suspension - Handles like a go-kart : Interior - I gots me leather : Exterior - HID's with angel eyes. I can see again : Bodykit - Done : Respray - Done : Stereo - Parts collected : Supercharger - Bring it on.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by damo1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:38 pm

get a new 1
damo1

Re: Cracked Dash

by greyblue » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:27 pm

I have two cracks in that part of the dash, almost exactly symmetrically spaced from the centre. Like yourself I wanted to do something about the matter - but what?

After reading some earlier postings on this site, I bought one of those plastic covers from Lenk in Germany. It cost about £50 including postage. However, when I received it, I noticed that it had no rectangular cutout to take account of the VIN number strip which is rivetted to the nearside end of the vent cover in my (1996) Calibra, so, I could not fit it.

This idea proved effective though. For 99p in Tesco you can buy a small black "non-slip" mat which is intended to sit on your dashboard and stop keys etc. from sliding about. If you cut this mat into two halves with a *slightly* diagonal cut, you can position one or both pieces over the cracks, where they stay in position quite happily with no assistance from glue or blu-tak or whatever. The mat looks like a black plastic grille mesh, so your crack(s) can be concealed underneath a convincing-looking grille. It is cheap, quick, effective, totally reversible and involves no removal of parts.

Since putting the mat pieces into place, they have stayed in position and the cracks are now forgotten. Front seat passengers see only the matte black "grilles" which look very much like a normal part of the dashboard.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by LE16 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:33 pm

I still have this part from my LE, I am going to get round to replacing it when I have time! Need plenty of glue though and a glue gun (got) as thats how it was fitted originally.
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by Fraz » Sat May 01, 2010 11:42 pm

what was fitted originally ??? the bit on the dash that cracks is all part of the dash, its not a separate part
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Previous