Turbo LE paint...

Exterior & Interior Styling.

Re: Turbo LE paint...

by the painter » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Beaver batteries!!!

Blimey are they still going? Do they still have that little shop crammed full of everything?

I used to live in Ashford and depending on how old you are, will depend on what you remember in the town.

I left there many moons ago...... pre international train station!! :lol:
the painter

by LE16 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:38 am

It's definatelt E200 as I had my SE5 resprayed by Audi which was less than perfect but it was free!

I want it done again as it happens but unless they are using a sun gun I dont want to know. Also I would like to learn how to do it myself because Im a perfectionist and I know I wouldnt stop till it was perrrrfect!

Just having this convo at work as it goes LOL .
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by LE16 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:48 am

The other thing I was going to mention is,

I had mine resprayed years back and they got the paint code but some how the paint was a blueish black. Then Audi got the paint right but afterwards I got the key scratch done and it was a brownish black. All of which are meant to be E200!! I know that the majority of the car is Dupont paint which is solid - jet black E200. Anyone else known of this issue? I think the manufacturer or type of paint has the effect of browning or blueing the finish? I know nothing about paint except use a paint gun and test it even if you have the paint code.
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member