Calibra Rebody Kit

Exterior & Interior Styling.

Calibra Rebody Kit

by newlevel » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm in the process of designing rebody kit for Calibra. I'm talking about kit that completely change appereance of the car. Now I'm in the process of preparing the original car for making the prototype. Since this is a place of calibra lovers I would really want to hear your opinion and sugestions about the design. Looking forward for your comments.
Attachments
010.jpg
27.jpg
024.jpg
021.jpg
newlevel

Re: Calibra Rebody Kit

by bodgetastic » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:28 pm

impressive artwork, looks loosely based on the R35? Looks good from the side, yellow one in particular and the rear lights look good. Not sure about the front end though
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by tazz666 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:31 pm

i appreciate what you are doing mate but alot of us bought the calibra because of its soft sleek lines and for me personally your designe is a bit to angular , but thats just my opinion
tazz666

by BIG DAN » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:46 pm

think im gna sit on the fence wit this 1 they look good but its not a calibra atall
good work tho mate !!
BIG DAN

by Fraz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:00 am

quite a mixture of car styles there, I can see Alfa, Audi and BMW coming through there. Nice work but I would say a wee bit too radical
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Stupink » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:33 am

to say it doesnt look like a cally is pointless as thats the whole concept, as "what it is", i agree the front end doesnt seem to sit quite right with the rear of the car, it seems to be a slightly different style, but i can't quite put my finger on it(sorry).. but the main bit that really does stand out ot me is the windscreen pillar area, I can't make out at all from any of the pictures quite whats going on there.. dont know ifits just the cad or not... whats the "triangle bit" that seemingly grows out the upper front wing?

Ahhh.. i think i've just put my finger on the front end style, personally i'ld like to see the front bumper maybe half a foot shorter?? it seems too long for the rest of the design!! maybe a little less pointy and bit shorter!!
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:47 am

sorry mate if i wantd a skyline i would buy one but keep with it im only one old *****
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Leigh » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 am

As a car design in it's own right I think it looks pretty good...
but..

as a replacement body for a Cally I'm firmly in the sleeky camp, as I've never seen anything to change with the original look..
For a 19 year old design she still looks damn good...

That said, I'd say you've got some definate talent for design !
Leigh

by chaos » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:15 am

The rear side panel reminds me of the toyota celica :D
chaos

by newlevel » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks for your coments so far. They are of great value for me becouse I can see how you see the car and that is very important for me. The main idea of new design was to make design that is simple yet sporty and with a note of agresiveness. Thats why I go with that kind of front (shape of the shark head).
Windscreen also gave me a headache, becouse angle is too high, so i put that triangular piece at the bottom of the pillar and paint pillar in black to have an impression of wrap around windscreen with smaller angle that it is in the original. Thanks again for comments and I'll be glad to answer all your questions.
newlevel

by moto » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Good work, but where calibra? Cali needs not radical styling.
moto

by BazV6er » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:29 pm

good work mate , personally i dont think you could change the look of the calibra as its like a one off shape.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vinny_69 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:47 pm

i like your way of thinking mate but NOPE don't like em
vinny_69

by newlevel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Still experimenting with design, and this is the differnet version. i did more tuner look. What do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wR2u5S41fI
newlevel

by U_V6 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:00 am

looks really interesting :)
U_V6

Next