Klima Automatic conditioner

Exterior & Interior Styling.

Re: Klima Automatic conditioner

by LE16 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Fraz,

Any chance you or someone can get the part number for the original cav gsi2000 LCD tacho as the guy selling one on ebay wont give it to me. I can get the part myself from Vauxhall at a discount price but will be easier if I have the part number.

Regards

Sean
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by LE16 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:28 pm

I saw another like that on eBay.de but they still require a motorised fan control mechanism?

Regards

Sean
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by Fraz » Thu May 06, 2010 6:49 pm

se5 wrote:Hi Fraz,

Any chance you or someone can get the part number for the original cav gsi2000 LCD tacho as the guy selling one on ebay wont give it to me. I can get the part myself from Vauxhall at a discount price but will be easier if I have the part number.

Regards

Sean

you wont get one from vauxhall or even Opel as they are no longer listed , they stopped producing them about 10 years ago, Aldo bought 3 new ones from Germany that some company had bought obsolete stock
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by LE16 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi,

You say that but until I try, I am not discounting it. You can still get parts. The other day Vauxhall quoted me £1600 for a replacement C20LET engine from me LE. I am half tempted to go for it just lack of funding right now as im buying a flat.

Regards

Sean ;)
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by Fraz » Mon May 10, 2010 7:54 pm

trust me you cant get them, cause if you could Aldo would have bought one :D

and even if you could buy them they cost about £800

but since you can take a horse to water etc etc

LCD instruments 25066297

LCD instruments programme module 90349958
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by LE16 » Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks for that Fraz!

Your right about the horse ;)

Regards

Sean
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by tazz666 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:14 pm

even if you could vauxhall wont import the dash, i have tried and ,when i worked for them
tazz666

by LE16 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:30 pm

se5 wrote:FYI,

I have checked both the Italian and German versions and its not standard. It's a mod maybe from the 80 or wherever. It looks pretty naff TBH. I do like the original Cav2000 LCD though! Shame ProjektLCD is no longer trading. I would have gone for that once my rebuild is complete.

S

I may well be wrong here! I have found a brochure on calibraclub.it and it shows a picture of the climate system. I have trawlled through the cars online for sale and images and this is the only one I have found. Either way it has to be servo/electronic so I would like to know more too. Im keeping an eye on this and wil update with anything I find.
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by LE16 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 pm

tazz666 wrote:even if you could vauxhall wont import the dash, i have tried and ,when i worked for them

That's a bummer! They are so much money though, a couple hundred more and you have a display thats the same cost as a hybrid turbo!

Sean
Sean

SE5 Turbo
LE 07
LE 16
Turbo
Another Turbo
Se7
V6
16V
8v
Club Member
Club Member

by webboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi guys & gals.

Just wanted to put some information about non standard air condition control systems. I'm not sure how or if the apply to Vauxhall (since I'm in Serbia, I drive Opel Calibra).

There are 2 types of non-standard factory-fitted AC control systems

1) Digital (made by Opel, originally made for Vectra A (Cavalier mk3), but was installed in callibra upon special customer requests)
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4415/c ... 0063kp.jpg

2) Automatic (made by some Italian company (can't find the name right now). They built only 50 control systems ever, so yeah, they are quite rare).
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/635/ ... a6p8bs.jpg

However, both systems share the same airflow box (behind the front panel) and the only difference from the standard airflow (with or without AC) box is that these boxes have small electric motors controlling the airflow inside the box instead of mechanical air ramps used in standard ventilation boxes.

Also, the only difference between digital and automatic is that automatic AC control system has a built-in temperature sensor so you can basically set the desired temperature and it will shut down when the target is reached and engaged again when the temperature rises a few degrees from the target.... and yeah, the Italian control system is much more nicer than Opel's.

I'm also a fan of digital gizmos in cars and I intend to make a digital AC control unit for my Cally (already got the ventilation box with el. motors), so I'll keep you posted on the progress.
webboy

by Adrian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks for the update to this topic. The mechanical heater controls occupy a prime bit of real-estate on the dashboard so I've often thought about how to get a touchscreen in there, if only the cable controls could be motorised... but now it seems there's been a motorised air distribution unit that could be swapped in all along!

So far this thread seems to be focussed on the control panel, which is evidently as rare as Hen's teeth - but what about the heater unit it operates? Is this more readily available perhaps?
Adrian

by webboy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm not sure about heater units... I'm getting mine for free form a friend who already installed a Digital (Opel's) unit in his Cavalier mk3.

If you have some spare time and enough will.. I guess it's not that hard to upgrade the standard unit with motors to control the air distribution.

I promise I'll take pictures of my box as soon as I get some time, so you will be able to see how they did it in the factory.
webboy

by Adrian » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:49 am

webboy wrote:If you have some spare time and enough will..

Time is money (so they say). That might explain why I'm so broke - I've got neither :lol:
I guess these motorised heater units must have been used in a variety of GM vehicles. Would be great to know which ones!
Adrian

by webboy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:09 pm

As far as I know, the Digital (Opel's) control system was installed in Vectra A prior to MY90. I'm not sure if the same applies to Vauxhall Cavalier mk3, you'll have to check that out.
webboy

by spoon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:28 pm

The LCD 2000 dash was fitted to 1990/1991/upto june?1992 Opel Vectra A GSI 2000 2WD and 4WD models only.

The eeprom chips were used from the Senator as well as the software.

Hope this helps...
spoon

PreviousNext