Set Belt Clip

Exterior & Interior Styling.

Set Belt Clip

by BMJ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:01 am

Hi Guys,
Usually I found that when I put on the seat belt it would clip into it's holder easily with a reassuring click.

Recently I found that I need to push down firmly to get it to engage, otherwise it will just come out, it no longers clicks.

From what I can see look at where the belt clips into the holder on both the front passenger and drive side belt holder thingy, there is white plastic bit on the inside of the driver side seat belt holder that doesn't seem to be coming back on release. That is, it seems to stay in instead of coming backing out.

Anyone got an idea how I can fix problem?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Set Belt Clip

by Jamesyboy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:09 am

Get some other seat belt clips, Have you taken your seats out at all? If you have a later model you will have the seat belt tensioner, and if not correctly taken out they will go off and the clip is then useless.

If it is not this, my advice is still to get some replacements as safety is a must, IMO.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Set Belt Clip

by BMJ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks Mate,
I think your right this is probable the only option, I never taken the seat out before, but I am aware I will need to deactivate the tensioner before removal.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net