sunroofliner removal??

Exterior & Interior Styling.

sunroofliner removal??

by k1nty » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:31 pm

just a quicky before a break clips or something...how it the sunroof liner removed?

thanks in advance. :D
k1nty

Re: sunroofliner removal??

by wcKo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:56 pm

just pull it out, it slots out and back in no probs and theres no clips to brake just needs a bit of pulling
wcKo

by k1nty » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm

wcKo wrote:just pull it out, it slots out and back in no probs and theres no clips to brake just needs a bit of pulling

hmn mine had about 10 push type clips that all pulled off and ...exactly what i was trying to avoid,i can repair it so thanks anyway.
k1nty

by sinbrad » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Got any photo's of the clips as I counted mine and I've three push type clips attached to the liner and 8 other type clips attached to the outer skin. Will get a photo done shortly and someone can tell me if I'm missing any clips?

cheers
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by sinbrad » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm

These are the push type clips, only 3 of them?

These are the spring type clips which are acting as a buffer for the sunroof liner

and this is the clip, which there are 8 of?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by EddeyDancer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Anyone got any useful information, on how to Remove the Sunroof liner?
The Ghost - V6 Opel
'Calibra with Style'
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:30 pm

ask Gordy he has done that a few times :D :D

by sunroof liner do you mean the headliner??? if so as far as I remember it is this

you need to remove the sun visors, the grab handles, the interior light and then the seat belt upper mounts. the B pillar cover (where the seat belt goes)

I think after that you need to pull the back down at the taligate...not too far as there is a bar with little lugs that you need to carefully lift up ...from there I think you can then be able to pull the headliner fully out the way maybe need to get trim around the sides out the way a wee bit ...but I think you can get the headliner off without removing them

with the headliner off you can then access the sunroof ...few bolts and the drain tubes off and the electrics and the fully Assembly comes right off
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:46 pm

cant you just take the sunroof liner off with out taking the whole roof down? not that i did it but when the drain got painted im sure the head liner was still in when the sunroof was put back in might be wroung i was asked to leave the garage when Fraz and Mr C did it, fresh paint lips and screw drivers no way was i staying to watch lol
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Sunroof Liner Removal

by EddeyDancer » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:13 am

After reading through this topic, it seems that there might be various types of roof liners!

Mine is the Two Stage - Twin Cog type Sunroof Model

Anyway, it turned out to be a really simple 2 minute job!!! :dance:

1 - Turn the Ignition ON, so that You can Operate the Sunroof...
2 - Using the Sunroof Switch, open the Sunroof past Stage One, and slide it back enough to expose the front of the liner...
3 - You can now pull down on the 3 Press Clips at the front there, and the front of the liner will drop...
4 - Once that's done, using the Sunroof Switch, gradually slide the Sunroof open and work the liner forward...
5 - Continue working the liner forward as you slide the Sunroof back, till the Sunroof is fully open...
6 - Then it's just a matter of working the liner, out towards the front of the car...
7 - Depress the 'Long Spring Loaded Retainer Bar' at the front in order to allow the liner to exit...
8 - Having an Assistant would make this Job even easier, but even a Novice like myself did it Solo...

:bazooka:
The Ghost - V6 Opel
'Calibra with Style'
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net