Carbon Fibre bonnets

Exterior & Interior Styling.

Carbon Fibre bonnets

by garyb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:33 am

Not especially interested in one myself but as there seems to be a constant trickle of interest in carbon fibre bonnets I asked my tuner, who provides such things, for a quote.

Here's a c&p of the response ( he is German so the English needs some allowances but I think all is obvious...):

price for the bonnets are very diffrent. we can do 3 types of it:

1. backed hard ultralight and showable version. without inside frame.
quality like we used in gt-cup an dtm. its araound 800,-

2. we can do in sandwich, with a cross inside. this will be around 700,-

3. we can do with inside frame like serial. not made as showable, made for paint. i think it will be also around 700,-

what we can do in discount for 5-10 and exactly price, we must make a calculation. with actuated prices for material. the material is often expensive or not available. because airbus and
formule 1 need all you can get on market.
we use 140-240grms/qm

Prices in euros of course.

As I said, not really of interest to me - unless someone is crying out for the last man in a group buy - so if anyone wants to take it further just contact Dirk Stock at DSOP/ Stock Rennsporttechnik* in Bad Salzuflen, Germany:

info@stock-rennsporttechnik.de
Tel: 05222 / 797852

*They build / tune/ run/ service Opel cars & raceteams for German DTM/ VLN/ 24hr/ Slalom race series etc.

p.s. They also do most bodypanels & all windows for the Calibra in gfk/plastic. One of their mechanics has done all, glass, bonnet, wings, doors & rear hatch on his Calibra...runs the same turbo as me. Let's just say , a bit of a flier for a daily drive,lol.
garyb