Can 8.1 eds cooler be fitted without messing the f/ bumper

Can 8.1 eds cooler be fitted without messing the f/ bumper

by Richiem » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 am

Ive got an eds 8.1 ltr front mounted intercooler that came with the car with pipework and i know fitting it to the car is a good idea for performance but tbh, im put of buy the amount of the front bumper i will need to cut back to fit it!
Not really keen on wrecking the bumper as i remember how it fitted on my last one!
I was wondering if anyone had tried re positioning stuff ( ie oil cooler infront of rad ) to get this done without hacking it up?
Thought it might free up enough space to squeeze it in there?
Just a thought tbh!!
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Can 8.1 eds cooler be fitted without messing the f/ bump

by Callyman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:31 am

I binned my oil cooler and bought a 13 row jobbie and positioned it behind the v grill.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

Re: Can 8.1 eds cooler be fitted without messing the f/ bump

by Richiem » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Thinking about it , its propably due to the aircon rad pushing it forward that its so hard to fit without destroying the bumper!
Ive got no problems with fitting the pipework as the pipework i have gets around the aircon compressor ok and must of been made to do so.
Its just it sits so far forward being a thick core that id need to take most of the lip of the bumper to get it in.
I have the bumper the car came with thats been cut to fit this cooler and its only got around half inch of the lip left. Not happy about mashing up my mint bumper to do this tbh. This is why i was wondering if anything could be removed from the rad area to allow the cooler to sit further back?? I guess i could paint and fit the older bumper ???
Club Member
Club Member